It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving artfiacts from one folder to another in Web client

David Waller (1123) | asked Jul 19 '13, 2:06 p.m.
How do I move an artifact from one folder to another folder in the Web client?  We have people who do not (and will not) use the Eclipse client or the shell client.  We need to know how the Web client users can easily move documents among folders.

Comments
Clement Liu commented Jul 19 '13, 2:12 p.m. | edited Jul 19 '13, 2:13 p.m.

Is this for artifacts on Rational Requirements Composer? 

David Waller commented Jul 19 '13, 4:21 p.m.

This is for RTC.

Clement Liu commented Jul 19 '13, 4:42 p.m.

in source control? Could you provide more details of what you're looking for? A screen shot would be good... Thanks.

David Waller commented Jul 19 '13, 5:07 p.m.

In RTC web client source, I have a stream with 2 folders in it.  I'll call them Folder A and Folder B.  I want to move files from Folder A to Folder B.  How do I do that?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 19 '13, 7:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I cannot see any way in the webui to move a file from one folder to another.

Comments
David Waller commented Jul 19 '13, 8:27 p.m.

I thought that might be the case.  Not good.  The ability to move files among folders, and for that case to move folders (with their sub-folders and all files)around within a directory structure, seems to me to be pretty basic functionality, and one our users who will work entirely within the RTC web client need.  So we're left with telling them that they'll need to to use the RTC Eclipse client, and many of them don't work within Eclipse, don't have it installed, and are going to have a somewhat difficult time picking it up.  Any chance this type of functionality can make into RTC web client soon?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.