It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difference of permission between Project Configuration and Team Configuration

Koji Murofushi (1134) | asked Jul 19 '13, 7:40 a.m.
retagged Jul 22 '13, 4:43 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
There are a lot of differences between permissions under Project Configuration and permissions under Team Configuration.

Why?
Is there any good document to explain why there are such differences?
I'm using RTC 4.0.2.

3 answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jul 20 '13, 10:49 a.m.
This distinction has been removed in 4.0.3.  Please see Modifying permissions.

Ken

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 21 '13, 12:43 a.m. | edited Jul 26 '13, 1:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would say that in 4.0.3 "the distinction is no longer as obvious".    In particular, the distinction is still made in the Eclipse UI.   Also in the Web UI, the project-level permissions and team-level permissions are combined in a single list for the project area, but if you look at the permissions of a team area, you will only see the team-level permissions and not the project-level permissions.

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jul 19 '13, 11:05 a.m.
The following blog entry should address the why there is a difference.  it gives a bit more detail on the structure of the project area and team area
http://mikemacd.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/rtc-how-big-should-a-project-area-be/

The following article provides some concrete examples on setting up permissions at team scope
https://jazz.net/library/article/215

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Jul 19 '13, 10:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Koji,
The difference is because of the levels
Project Configuration - applies to project level
Team Configuration - to the team level

Different things can be done at different levels, hence the different permissions.

IC link has some more details : http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_mod_permissions.html

Sandy

Comments
Yoshihisa Komai commented Jul 25 '13, 10:29 a.m.

Hi Sandy,

I've got a related question on this with regards to permissions of work item attachment.
Please give me some advice.

-Under Project Configuration:
Delete attachment
Modify attachment

-Under Team Configuration
Add an attachment
Delete attachment
Modify an attachment
Remove an attachment

Question:
Why only "Delete attachment" and "Modify attachment" exist under "Project Configuration"?
Why "Add an attachment" and "Remove an attachment" don't exist under "Project Configuration"?

I want to know the good example(use case) to utilize those permissions regarding work item attachment.

thanks

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 26 '13, 1:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In 4.0.3, there are no attachment permissions in the team configuration list ... only in the project configuration list.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.