It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Iterations missing in CLM 4.0.2

Kaviraj Thangaraj (548) | asked Jul 18 '13, 6:48 a.m.
Hi,

We did upgrade of CLM from version 3.0.1 to 4.0.2 last week. In a particular PA, we are not able to see all iterations. Some iterations are missing now. After upgrade it was there. Now it's not appearing. It's not in archived iterations as well.

Could anyone please help us.

Thanks.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 19 '13, 6:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Was this an RTC, RQM, or RRC project area?

Kaviraj Thangaraj commented Jul 22 '13, 4:18 a.m.

Its seen in RTC PA.

3 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Jul 18 '13, 10:01 a.m.
Hi Kaviraj,
This is a first time I heard about such issue. I would start looking into migration logs and ccm.log file for any errors.
Also do you have the issue for eclipse client or for web ui or both?

I would suggest you opening new PMR if this is production environment to get help as soon as possible.

Comments
Sandy Grewal commented Jul 18 '13, 12:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, please open a PMR.

Kaviraj Thangaraj commented Jul 22 '13, 4:20 a.m.

Hi .. I have opened a PMR. We are working with PMR. Upgrade went fine and we didnt faced any issue during the upgrade. Rest applications (QM and RM ) and other PAs are working fine.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jul 18 '13, 6:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I have seen this happen before. The iterations still exist in the repository, but do not show up in the project area editor. In past cases, a parent iteration or timeline will lose its reference to a child. The child still exists and still has a reference to the parent, but because of the way the code looks for iterations, the child will not appear when iterations are displayed.

The cause of the missing iterations is not clear. I do not think it is directly related to upgrade, because in the other cases when I have seen it upgrade did not come into play. There has been work in the latest release to prevent this situation from happening (ProcessService validation doesn't prevent orphaning of development lines and iterations (270650) ).

I agree with Sandy and Krzysztof that you should open a PMR so IBM can help you re-discover the missing iterations.

Ruby

Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Developer

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jul 19 '13, 2:59 a.m.

Hi Kaviraj

This does happen after upgrading from 3.x to 4.x

If you need to use the old schedules that existed before the upgrade, you can do so by going into:
Manage Project Properties->Timelines->Select the Auto Migrate Timeline as your current timeline.
Once it is set as your current timeline, the iteration will start appearing when you click on 'Browse' in schedules.

You can also add more iterations to this 'Auto Migrated' timeline or create new timeline with iterations in it.
This activity requires admin permissions.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 19 '13, 5:35 p.m. | edited Jul 19 '13, 6:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I assume this is in reference to an RQM project area?   I believe only RRC and RQM (not RTC) have a "Manage Project Properties" menu item for an project area, and I believe only RQM has "schedules".

Rajat Singh commented Jul 19 '13, 6:00 p.m.

Kaviraj Thangaraj commented Jul 22 '13, 4:27 a.m.

Hi Rajat,
My issue is on RTC PA.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.