It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you create an additional estimate field?

Wendy Murphy (1512633) | asked Jul 17 '13, 2:27 p.m.
We have created a custom qa_estimate field in our work items. The default supplied estimate field is used for development to estimate time. The additional qa_estimate field was created to track separately the QA estimates. When a value is added to the new field qa_estimate the value is duplicated in the default estimate field. The fields are unique both are duration. How you do create unique estimate fields that will track separately, we have done this in the ccm module we are not currently using rqm module.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 18 '13, 2:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Wendy,

the estimate is, as far as i know, actually a set of three attributes and there is a set of special presentations displaying them. These presentations do calculation e.g. present like 1d2h and actually write values in milliseconds. There is also some custom logic to make estimate read only if you provide correction.

As far as I am aware, you can not specify which attributes to use for the special presentation that is used with the estimates.

You can however add a set of new attributes. You can achieve results similar to the special presentation using script based validators and other attribute customization, but I think it is probably going to be an effort if you want all.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.