It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - is it able to export item and all the comments in a csv file?

Peter Lunberg (1111) | asked Jul 17 '13, 7:53 a.m.
edited Jul 18 '13, 4:35 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 Hi all,

i use RTC (Change and Configuration Management) for tracking defects. The exporting functionality provided by CCM allows me to export everything else EXCEPT the comments that have been attached to each defect. Is there a way the comments could also be exported to a csv file including all the other information of the defect? (example below)

Type Id Summary Creation Date Created By Owned By Status Severity Assigned To Found In Modified By Resolution Resolution Date Tags Modified Date COMMENTS!!! <-- this is missing and i want this in the csv file for each defect separately.

Is there a solution for this (an easy one plz...).

Peter Lunberg
- FI IBM

3 answers

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jul 17 '13, 8:09 a.m.
This is currently not possible using web client.
You have to use RTC eclipse client to include comments in the export:
File->Export->Team->Work Items.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

permanent link
Peter Lunberg (1111) | answered Jul 18 '13, 2:34 a.m.
 Hi Rajat,

can't access the Eclipse client... we are all using the web client. Is there any other way?

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jul 18 '13, 4:21 a.m.
From the web client, its not possible as of now.
There is an enhancement logged for this feature in the below link; you may add your comments to support this requirement:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=259143

You may also download the RTC web client from the below link:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.3/RTC-Eclipse-Client-repo-4.0.3.zip

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.