It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BuildForge/ClearQuest integration

Gregory Blank (111) | asked Jul 17 '13, 5:49 a.m.
What is the best way if any to iterate a BuildForge while step over the result of a ClearQuest query?
In other words, run a script step to query ClearQuest, save the result set and run another script as a while step for each row using column values as arguments.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jul 17 '13, 8:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 It should be possible.  I am not really familiar with scripting CQ queries, but if you can get the size of the result set you could use the while step to iterate through each value in the result set.  Using the column values would be trickier as I don't know how you would set the step condition to fail when you reached the end of the result set.  In this case it sounds like a 'for' loop approach with the result set size would be easier than a 'while' loop approach with column arguments.

~Spencer

Comments
Gregory Blank commented Jul 17 '13, 8:35 a.m.

Thanks, Spencer.

I can get the size within the script, of course. What I don't understand is how do I pass the result set (and the size) from a Perl script back into BF. All I see is a single 256 char long string return value. I cant pack the result set into such a string. Perhaps I can set the environment variables from a script?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.