It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RFT 8.3 with Jazz version 4.0.2 issues see table (I posted already but my updates would not take)

rich centauro (152124) | asked Jul 16 '13, 9:09 a.m.
retagged Jul 16 '13, 3:40 p.m. by Tory Jaskoviak (52015)

Issue Type

Avg. No of cases affected

Scenarios affected

Work around implemented

Mitigation

Application & RFT hangs

10%

Validation of table objects having huge data records

Increased wait time to get the object loaded completely before performing any test action and used a single table instance to fetch all table records instead of creating multiple instances. Still issue is observed in few cases.

Installing latest version of RFT might help in resolving this issue.
(Currently we use RFT 8.2.1 and latest version of RFT is 8.3 (As of Dec 2012)

RFT issue

All scripts

RFT takes lot of time to identify each test objet in AUT at the time of execution

Added objects as dynamic under a parent object which uniquely identifies a particular test object.

RFT issue

2%

RFT crashes when huge number of scripts are executed at a time in batch mode and user is not able to open RFT project on machine.

The system needs to be restarted and in most of the cases it helped resolve the issue.

Browser issue

4%

RFT does not invoke the browser at the time of execution

In this scenario, RFT is crashed and user is not able to connect to any Project area in RFT. The system needs to be re-started  and in most of the cases it helped resolve the issue.

Heap memory issue

1%

In very few cases the heap memory issue is observed

Deleted the existing metadata file in the RFT workspace

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jul 16 '13, 6:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I realize you are interested in "Does anyone know if upgrading to 4.0.3 fixes these issues? or Is RFt not compatible with 4.0.2". [I deleted the other, duplicate post.]

Someone here may know and chime in, but you might have better response from the Rational Functional Tester community.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.