It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC. How not to display the Parent elements in the Plan?

Serge Karaev (1112) | asked Jul 16 '13, 6:05 a.m.
edited Jul 16 '13, 6:55 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103)
Hello!
We have two
WI, related to the Parent-Child link.
Both WI are in different Iterations. How to show in the Iteration Plan child WI only, and do not show Parent ? Enough to remove the Option "Display->Tree->Parent-Child"?

Thanks!

Comments
Vladimir Amelin commented Jul 16 '13, 6:27 a.m. | edited Jul 16 '13, 6:27 a.m.

Some details. Parent is planned for Iteration1, Child is planned for Iteration2. Plan is configured for Iteration2. Parent is grey, we need to not display such grey Parents at all. But if Parent is planned for Iteration2, it should still be visible. It looks like such view cannot be configured.

Rajat Singh commented Jul 16 '13, 6:55 a.m. | edited unknown

Vladimir Amelin : You could create a query and add the condition to display Parents for iteration 2. The query gives you the option to display only those sections that you require; you can hide the others.

This query can then be added as a work item widget to your dashboard.

Best Regards
Rajat

Rajat Singh commented Jul 16 '13, 6:56 a.m.

Vladimir Amelin : You could create a query and add the condition to display Parents for iteration 2. The query gives you the option to display only those sections that you require; you can hide the others.

This query can then be added as a work item widget to your dashboard.

Best Regards
Rajat

Vladimir Amelin commented Jul 16 '13, 7:16 a.m.

Queries are more flexible in means of filtering, but we do not see relationships between WI in tree view (Web UI). Plans are rich with display settings. We would like to implement such logic for plans.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 16 '13, 7:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I understand it correctly, you refer to not showing the grayed out parent.

The Parent is always shown (grayed out if it is not in the plan iteration). I don't think you can suppress that.

Comments
Vladimir Amelin commented Jul 16 '13, 7:40 a.m.

Thanks, Ralph. We came to same conclusion.

Thomas Kirstätter commented Mar 17 '17, 4:24 a.m. | edited Mar 17 '17, 4:28 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
I have the same experience, the parent is always shown in the parent child tree view, even for "far" outplaced parent items (even if the Parent is in another Project Area). I tried everything from Exclude rules based on categories or other things, and even the scoping of the plan does not change it.
Even now with 6.0.3...

So it seems to be hard coded... But the question is, what is the rational for that?....

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 17 '17, 4:41 a.m.

I don't know. 

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 17 '17, 9:01 a.m. | edited Mar 17 '17, 9:02 a.m.

I asked and here is the answer:

This has been the design from the beginning, we complete the entire parent-child hierarchy in the Plans. There have been requests where users want to control the levels of outplaced parent hierarchy we show like we do for outplaced children. See, Want to be able to hide the outplaced parents in the tree view of a plan (382445)
I (Ralph) should add, that outplaced children where not shown in the early versions and were added later.

Thomas Kirstätter commented Mar 21 '17, 4:28 p.m.

thank you so much for this information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.