It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CPF3C10 on VERY LARGE build, about 1500 members

jeff tickner (51710) | asked Jul 15 '13, 6:06 p.m.
 We have a very large project resulting in a very large build using a IBMi Build specification build with the jazz build engine. RTC 4.0.0.1 and V7R1
While the build is running it seems that QTEMP fills up for the build job and it throws CPF3C10 errors trying top create *USRSPCs and the error previous to that in the QZRCSRVS job says QTEMP OIR is full as below screenshots show.
We have tried stopping the build engine, manually killing all jobs under the build profile and restarting the engine.
Thanks for any help!!

com.ibm.as400.access.AS400Exception: CPF3C01 User space IDE528363 in library QTEMP not created.
     at com.ibm.as400.access.UserSpaceImplRemote.buildException(UserSpaceImplRemote.java:86)
     at com.ibm.as400.access.UserSpaceImplRemote.create(UserSpaceImplRemote.java:147)
     at com.ibm.as400.access.UserSpace.create(UserSpace.java:383)
     at com.ibm.as400.access.UserSpace.create(UserSpace.java:286)
     at com.ibm.etools.iseries.comm.ISeriesAbstractHostAPIProcessor.createUserSpaceOnHost(ISeriesAbstractHostAPIProcessor.java:524)
     at com.ibm.etools.iseries.comm.ISeriesListObjects.internalGetList(ISeriesListObjects.java:552)
     at com.ibm.etools.iseries.comm.ISeriesListObjects.getObjectList(ISeriesListObjects.java:480)
     at com.ibm.etools.iseries.comm.ISeriesAbstractListProcessor.getList(ISeriesAbstractListProcessor.java:131)

QZRCSRVS joblog
QTEMP error

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Jul 16 '13, 4:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jeff, yes that looks like the APAR Christopher cited. 

For what it's worth, I think this is the fix in 4.0.4 (https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/266666). If you need this on 4.0.0.1, it would need to be backported. I think there's a testfix available for 4.0.2+ 

~Sean
jeff tickner selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Christopher Robinson (571817) | answered Jul 16 '13, 1:07 a.m.
Hi Jeff,
I believe you are running into a Defect seen between 3.0.1 and 4.0.2.
I would open a PMR with Rational Support and you can reference:

RATLC: RATLC02735217
APAR: SE55792

If this is the same issue as the documented one above you may be able to get a test fix which will resolve the issue until the change has been implemented in a later version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.