It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Running external rtc plain java program during project Initailization

K M (38325051) | asked Jul 15 '13, 12:49 p.m.
Is it possible to run an external rtc plain java program when running the project intialization

This program will  modify the project Process Configuration source xml

6 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 16 '13, 11:40 a.m.
the extensions workshop is here https://jazz.net/library/article/1000
once you are successful, then you configure it thru the repository connections -> administer -process templates,
select it, then right click, Open, then in the Project configuration ->Project area initialization section
click Add to add your plugin to the list to be executed at project init for this process template.
(note that if someone users another template, your plugin won't run).

permanent link
K M (38325051) | answered Jul 16 '13, 11:29 a.m.
Server plugin

permanent link
K M (38325051) | answered Jul 16 '13, 11:29 a.m.
I guess their are examples how to create a plugin and configuring it a part of the process template??

permanent link
K M (38325051) | answered Jul 16 '13, 9:36 a.m.
I wish to change two parameters in default work items values, ie: insert the UUID of two access groups.

I wish to do this because you can only retrieve the UUID in the default java script using an HTTP call, I
would rather not do this every time a work item is created.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 16 '13, 11:25 a.m.

thanks.. I can't think of another way to enable this..

you have to write a plugin to start the external program, or write a plugin to do the actual work.

then you configure the plugin as part of the process template base you use to create projects.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 16 '13, 8:39 a.m.
there currently is no builtin function to enable what you want. as Dinesh mentions you would have to write a plugin to enable either approach.

Comments
K M commented Jul 16 '13, 8:48 a.m. | edited Jul 16 '13, 9:17 a.m.

So are their examples using com.ibm.team.process.server.initializeProjectArea as a plugin?

sam detweiler commented Jul 16 '13, 9:13 a.m.

do you mean 'from a plugin'?  as that code is NOT built like a participant plugin.

what exactly do you want to do as part of the project configuration?

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jul 16 '13, 4:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
i presume
you need to write a follow up action, a plug-in, which internally invokes your plain java program
or
have the plain java program functionality written into a plugin and use it as a follow-up action

here is another forum post which discusses a similar question
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/22842/area-initialization-follow-up-plugin

Comments
K M commented Jul 16 '13, 7:08 a.m. | edited Jul 16 '13, 9:17 a.m.

I don't really want to go the plugin route, can I make a http call during intialization to call a external program?

This program will modify the project Process Configuration source xml.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.