It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get my server out of read-only mode

Sinead Guilfoyle (1122) | asked Jul 15 '13, 11:49 a.m.
edited Jul 15 '13, 12:24 p.m. by Fariz Saracevic (904613)
Hi

I'm getting  "server is in read-only mode." errors across all CLM projects.  The error messages also indicate that an application migration is currently in progress even though that is not the case.

Everything was working perfectly until a virtual image of the server was taken as a backup so I expect that must have done something to cause the server to go into read-only mode...?

How do I re-set it back to read/write mode?  The only tech notes I can find on the server being in read-only mode relate to renaming the server which I am not doing, neither am I upgrading the server.  I've tried re-indexing the databases as that was mentioned somewhere but made no difference.

Is there a setting somewhere that switches the server in and out of read-only?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments
Clement Liu commented Jul 15 '13, 5:10 p.m.

I would recommend to open a PMR to IBM so they can go over your logs to dig out. Thanks. 

5 answers

permanent link
Sinead Guilfoyle (1122) | answered Oct 01 '13, 6:55 a.m.
Hi Craig

I didn't get a resolution.  Mine was a sandbox server so I didn't have to worry about losing production data.  I just rebuilt the server as it I expected it would be quicker to spend a few hours doing that, rather than go through the PMR process.  Good luck with getting a resolution.

permanent link
Craig Thomas (1) | answered Oct 01 '13, 6:40 a.m.
 Hi, I have exactly the same problem! Any resolution? Did a PMR go in? I have not started a Server Rename. All I can think of is I upgraded from 4.0.0 to 4.0 3. The read-only state has not bothered me till I tried to change a dashboard - it would not allow it.

Cheers, Craig

permanent link
Sinead Guilfoyle (1122) | answered Jul 16 '13, 7:46 a.m.
Thanks Eric.  It is a test server that I had not given anyone access to yet so I have reinstalled everything and am reconfiguring it.

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Jul 16 '13, 8:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Sinead,

ok for the re-install.

If you feel like it, possibly try and reproduce the problem
(possibly take a VM snapshot before the backup)

Thanks.
Eric.

permanent link
Sinead Guilfoyle (1122) | answered Jul 16 '13, 5:40 a.m.
Thanks for the replies.  I definitely didn't start a server rename and when I go to https://<server name>:9443/jts/serverRenameStatus I get

"The server rename for the Jazz Team Server and its registered applications has not been started. Make sure that the rename operation is in progress and return to this page to track the status."

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Jul 16 '13, 7:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello,

so I guess that the PMR is needed here.

Thanks.
Eric

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jul 16 '13, 4:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello,
read-only mode seems to be related to server rename:
and https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_change_server_name.html

I agree with Clement - unless you really started a server rename, please open a PMR - https://jazz.net/help/support/

Thanks.
Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.