It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Training

Chris McEwen (1) | asked Jan 06 '09, 2:40 p.m.
Hi,

Is there any IBM/Rational JAZZ training courses offered in Canada?

Thanks
Chris

21 answers

permanent link
Kevin Crocker (20185) | answered Oct 13 '10, 4:34 p.m.
Kevin -

Do you work with the IBM Business Transformation Outsourcing (BTO) team to deliver IBM training, or does your firm develop and deliver your own training courses?

Jim,

We do work with the BTO and are involved with ISSL, ISSW, and ISSR. I've taken over the day to day management of our IBM education. I'd like to get our team up to speed on all the Jazz technologies - any other education material on the horizon?

Kevin

permanent link
Patty Roy (6) | answered Oct 16 '10, 10:27 p.m.
Great forum! I have learned a lot here....thanks for sharing this information to us.

permanent link
maia shara (6) | answered Oct 20 '10, 6:40 a.m.
Hi,

Is there any IBM/Rational JAZZ training courses offered in Canada?

Thanks
Chris

I think IBM is conducting many workshops for training purposes. You can go to help section you will get the exact answer without delay.

permanent link
Nishika Jones (6) | answered Oct 22 '10, 8:34 p.m.
Can Anybody tell me is there any online enrollment and classes.

permanent link
Linda Crowford (6) | answered Oct 23 '10, 11:47 a.m.
I'll be interested in online jazz classes, specially with video classes!

permanent link
Zach Heugher (6) | answered Oct 27 '10, 8:41 a.m.
Are the online classes as good as live, or is it just a matter of personal learnign style?

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Nov 02 '10, 4:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm going to try to address a few of the recent posts in this thread.

First, the online courses come in a few different flavors:
* ILO (instructor-led online)
* SPVC (self-paced virtual classroom)
* WBT (web-based training)

ILO courses are taught by a live instructor. You have real-time interaction via web conferencing, and hands-on labs are supported by hosted lab systems that you access through a Citrix browser plug-in. Instructors have the ability to "shadow" a student's lab system, so real-time help is available just as if the instructor were in the room with you looking over your shoulder. The content (and cost) is the same as traditional classroom training.

SPVC courses are self-paced. Training content is available as audio-visual recordings and can be viewed by the student on their own schedule. Hands-on labs are supported by hosted lab systems that are available "on-demand" for a 1-month period. A lab system is dedicated to each student, so you can return to the labs at any time and pick up where you left off. Students also have access to a moderated discussion forum where instructors commit to responding to student questions within 24 hours.

WBT courses are also self-paced. Training content is available as audio-visual recordings and can be viewed by the student on their own schedule. Hands-on labs are NOT supported, but the exercises are presented to the student as audio-visual demonstrations.

You can learn more about current course offerings and open enrollment schedules (for ILO and classroom offerings) at the Rational Training website on ibm.com:
http://www-304.ibm.com/jct03001c/services/learning/ites.wss/us/en?pageType=course_search&sortBy=5&searchType=1&sortDirection=9&includeNotScheduled=15&rowStart=0&rowsToReturn=20&maxSearchResults=200&language=en&country=us&searchString=Rational+Team+Concert

permanent link
Kari Leigh (6) | answered Nov 04 '10, 4:46 p.m.
I'm going to try to address a few of the recent posts in this thread.

First, the online courses come in a few different flavors:
* ILO (instructor-led online)
* SPVC (self-paced virtual classroom)
* WBT (web-based training)

ILO courses are taught by a live instructor. You have real-time interaction via web conferencing, and hands-on labs are supported by hosted lab systems that you access through a Citrix browser plug-in. Instructors have the ability to "shadow" a student's lab system, so real-time help is available just as if the instructor were in the room with you looking over your shoulder. The content (and cost) is the same as traditional classroom training.

SPVC courses are self-paced. Training content is available as audio-visual recordings and can be viewed by the student on their own schedule. Hands-on labs are supported by hosted lab systems that are available "on-demand" for a 1-month period. A lab system is dedicated to each student, so you can return to the labs at any time and pick up where you left off. Students also have access to a moderated discussion forum where instructors commit to responding to student questions within 24 hours.

WBT courses are also self-paced. Training content is available as audio-visual recordings and can be viewed by the student on their own schedule. Hands-on labs are NOT supported, but the exercises are presented to the student as audio-visual demonstrations.

You can learn more about current course offerings and open enrollment schedules (for ILO and classroom offerings) at the Rational Training website on ibm.com:
http://www-304.ibm.com/jct03001c/services/learning/ites.wss/us/en?pageType=course_search&sortBy=5&searchType=1&sortDirection=9&includeNotScheduled=15&rowStart=0&rowsToReturn=20&maxSearchResults=200&language=en&country=us&searchString=Rational+Team+Concert

Thanks for explaining the differences in the course styles & giving the link - I was getting confused. The SPVC sounds like the best fit for my situation. Good clarification - Kudos...

permanent link
Pluto Beck (6) | answered Nov 18 '10, 7:52 p.m.
Hi,
I am interesting in doing a IBM training course, do you know if there
are any IBM/Rational JAZZ training courses offered in New Zealand or Australia.

Thanks.

permanent link
mike ling (6) | answered Nov 21 '10, 12:32 p.m.
Hi,
can anyone tell me is there any IBM training courses available in US?

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.