It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item in snapshot?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jul 14 '13, 9:44 p.m.
I'm working through a set of items in our latest retrospectives, and a few I am having issues coming up with a solution.  The largest one is this....

When a developer delivers his/her changes for a work item (like a defect), they create an approval record (type = Verification) and the state goes to "Ready".

Unfortunately, as a tester, the defect is not "ready" for my verification because there is always a lag time in that getting into a build, and even more of a lag time (in some cases) getting into a GOOD build (snapshot for example) that I know I can pull and install to validate the fix.

I have been asked to have RTC (somehow) automatically know when a work item is included in a build that has a Snapshot and only THEN move the state into "Ready".  So have an intermediate state like "Building" where we know that the developer has delivered the change but it is not yet in a snapshot for the tester to go install.

I haven't found any way to configure RTC to do that. Is it possible?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 15 '13, 3:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Susan,

there is no built in capability that would check this.

Provided you use the JBE you could implement this using an operation advisor (precondition) or a participant (follow up action), dependent on what you want.

• A precondition could check if there is a build result available on the work item, check the build was successful or has at least a snapshot associated with it and reject the state move if not.
  • A follow up action could trigger the save of the work item and, based on the same logic the advisor would use, change the state of the work item.

http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/resolve-parent-if-all-children-are-resolved-participant/ shows the logic to change states. http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/26/manipulating-work-item-states/ is another example.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.