It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

new template with customized report and the print testcase summmary

archana kurup (2026872) | asked Jul 13 '13, 3:35 a.m.
retagged Jul 23 '13, 4:06 p.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
I just want to get the testplan printout i gets from the RQM with the template i created with header and footer in the RQM?ie.i need a report template with our own header and format and it should display the testcase print summary whenever i run the report. How to get it?

3 answers

permanent link
archana kurup (2026872) | answered Jul 19 '13, 11:39 p.m.
edited Jul 19 '13, 11:40 p.m.
YUP...I NEED the pdf printout RQM provides as my report in view reports.Suppose i name such a report as RQM BASEREPORT.Then whenever i click on the link of RQM BASEREPORT from View Reports.Then First it should ask for the project area in which i want the report n then it should give  the report which's exactly like the pdf printout RQM provides?I need such a report format since our company is following the same format as standard.Can anyone please help me?

permanent link
Chong Yuan Yin (7612) | answered Jul 15 '13, 2:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you mean the PDF printout RQM provides, you cannot customize it. But you can use RPE to design and generate your own printout.

Fortunately, RQM packages sample RPE templates since 4.0 and you can easily customize a pdf-printout-similar document based on those templates:
1. download the RPE templates. You can find them under 'All Downloads' tab of RQM product download page, with name of "Sample Quality Manager templates for IBM Rational Reporting for Document Generation (RRDG) "
2. get RPE product installed (you may need a license) and modify the sample templates to whatever you like.
3. generate the template, using 'PDF' as the output format.

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jul 15 '13, 2:41 a.m.
Do you mean outputting to PDF from reports or the native output ability in RQM?
If you are talking about exporting to PDF from BIRT reports, you could customize your own report header and footer in 'Report Properties' section on 'Manage Project Properties' page of RQM.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.