It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JazzMon issues found for non US locale and Excel 2007

Dieter Paul (10311620) | asked Jul 12 '13, 1:27 a.m.
edited Jul 12 '13, 4:41 a.m.

After playing around some hours with JazzMon in a non US locale (German) and Office 2007 I found the following issues (using JazzMon_1.4.0_RTC30GA).

That are not major problems (I could fix everything) but perhaps this info will be helpful for other users.

1) Start the monitoring and analyzing always with US locales (otherwise there are problems with “,” and “.” for floating values)

java -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -jar JazzMon.jar monitor/analyze

and use the variable  "ANALYSIS_EURO_LOCALE=TRUE" in the config file

2) JazzMonVisualizer is searching for a Ecxel sheet “Sheet1". Unfortunately the default sheet is named “Tabelle1” in a German Excel. Using “Sheets(1).Select” instead of “Sheets(“Sheet1”).Select” in the macro will solve the problem for all locales

3) The (not) IncludeBaseline doesn’t work. It seems that Excel 2007 isn’t able to create charts from 2 Ranges with a gap between them correctly. It always uses the whole range (Start from range1, end from range2)

By the way: For me it looks, that the logic for this switch isn’t correct (colBaseline should be “B” if includeBaseline is “true”, so the “Not” is wrong)

colBaseline = "A"
         If Not includeBaseline Then colBaseline = "B"

4) When there is an analyze without baseline and “3)” is working correctly, one of following values must be set (otherwise column “B” will not be included to the chart):

IncludeBaseline = True  or  StartDataColumn = “B”

One answer

permanent link
Dave Schlegel (331167) | answered Sep 16 '13, 12:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've added this to the open work item for locale handling and appreciate your input.

JazzForum: JazzMon exception in analyze stage due to locale handling of decimal place  (252556)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.