It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI 2.0.3 Email notifications doesnt work

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Jul 10 '13, 3:43 p.m.
retagged Jul 15 '13, 4:31 p.m. by Tory Jaskoviak (52015)
Hello,
I'm using WAS 8.0 and RRDI 2.0.3 with RTC4, I did the configurations about the smtp server using port 25, user and passwords, and I been trying using other ports over ssl like 587 or 465, but I doesn't work, I have another notifications system like clear quest using the same server and it works, but RRDI not, I got this error:

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jul 10 '13, 5:30 p.m.

I've seen that from up-stream 'spam' filters.  For example, in IBM we have to have a sender with address something@something.again.ibm.com  or the gateways reject it out of hand.   Said another way, the sender address of say "rrdi_user" needs to have an @ suffix in whatever you domain is.  Doesn't have to be a functional address (usually)

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jul 11 '13, 8:35 p.m.

I did, but still not working, any another idea, exist a log with detailed information? the same server, same configuration is working for clear quest e mail notification server, or may be requires add something else for TLS or ssl? I think that could be the issue.

Cheng-Yee Lin commented Jul 15 '13, 4:47 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can probably look at the files in [RRDI-Install-Directory]/cognos/logs and see if there is additional information.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered May 11 '15, 5:36 a.m.
Hi Rafael,
The error message goes from SMTP server, not from RRDI. You should definietely check it with your mail server administrator why these e-mails are bounced by SMTP server.
Please let us know if that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.