It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC Client on existing Eclipse 3.4.1

Thomas Loeber (62237850) | asked Jan 06 '09, 7:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm trying to install the RTC 1.0.1 client on an existing Eclipse 3.4.1 IDE instance. The install manager fails with an error indicating
Some features and bundles of your existing Eclipse installation need to be upgraded with newer versions or are missing. You must update your existing Eclipse using its Install/Update manager. Use its "Help -> Software Updates -> Find and Install..." menu item to invoke its Install/Update manager. Alternatively, you can download the features and bundles from eclipse.org. Feature "com.ibm.ccl.welcome.bits.feature_7.0.3.v20070606-0929-77-27w3118211201_55" needs to be updated to version "7.0.5.v20080508-1335-77-47w3119161902445"
Bundle "com.ibm.ccl.welcome.bits_7.0.3.v20071001-0944" needs to be updated to version "7.0.5.v20080508-1334"

Trying the Eclipse Update Manager to update the existing configuration yields a message that indicates there is nothing to update.

This Eclipse instance has the Rational ClearCase Remote Client for Eclipse 7.1 installed.
Has anyone been able to install RTC 1.0.1 within an existing Eclipse 3.4.1 with CCRC V7.1 also installed?

14 answers

permanent link
Mervyn Keene (171177) | answered Mar 29 '09, 2:42 p.m.
george wrote:
Hi Mervyn,

For various reasons it took me a while to get back to this topic (I
know, I know, what's more important than Jazz? :wink ). So let me
offer you now my belated, but very sincere,
thanks for your post!

After following your tip things worked out absolutely fine with
Eclipse 3.4.1 (classic) and RTC 1.0.

You're welcome. Let me use this opportunity to add something I've
learned since: the link files may be relative (as shown upthread) or
absolute. Relative paths are interpreted with respect to the current
working directory of the process, not to the base of the Eclipse
install. This may seem obvious in retrospect but it tripped me up for a
while. On Windows in particular, if you use a shortcut the current
working directory is a property of the shortcut.

MK

permanent link
Adrian Cho (8213322) | answered Mar 29 '09, 5:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
FYI, we are planning to ship RTC 2.0 with Eclipse 3.4.2 and the work to do that is going on this coming week so you should see the results by M3 if not possibly in the following week's integration build.

permanent link
Martin Villalobos (611) | answered Jul 03 '09, 10:39 a.m.
Hello people, I'm implementing RTC for a new project and I'm trying to install Eclipse plugins. Someone can tell me what are the versions of Eclipse that I need?
The project is SOA , and is used WID and Message Broker, there is some limitation about the integration of RTC client on these tools?

Thanks for all..

Martin.

permanent link
Steve Gardner (3121) | answered Nov 03 '09, 11:54 a.m.
Thank you very much, this was exactly what I needed. It worked nicely.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.