It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you apply logic to work flow

Sean Burke (3789137237) | asked Jul 09 '13, 1:53 p.m.
edited Jul 09 '13, 1:57 p.m.
 I have a basic custom workflow..........

That uses a simple custom form

When the form is filled out and in the New state want the fields highlighted in blue to be required and the field highlighted in yellow to be read only..  When the state changes to open I want the Responsibility field to be read/write for the members of the project area but read only for everyone else.

I believe this is correct location in the eclipse client to created the form logic.    I want to know what Pre-Conditions you would use to make an attribute required at a certain state and what pre-conditions would make an attribute read-only at a certain state.

One answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Jul 09 '13, 2:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sean,
I think you are in the right place.

To make Fields mandatory, you need to set the Required Properties for the Fields and the sates.

To make fields Read only for Everyone(and any roles), you will need to add the Precondition - Required Attributes for Type and Field and select the WI type and state, and edit to find the field.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.