It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SVN importer component folder structure

David Ward (8311214) | asked Jul 09 '13, 10:10 a.m.
 I'm importing a source tree from SVN and have the usual mix of trunk, branches and tags.

As you would expect, the SVN trunk folder, tag folder and branch folder all contain the same top-level child folders and top-level files.  I'm wondering how to import the trunk, branches and tags so that the resulting RTC component has a single constant top-level folder name (of my choosing), with all the previous SVN top-level folders and files under that.

So for SVN I presently have:

trunk
    topfolder1
    topfolder2
    topfile1
    topfile2

tags/tag1   (and same for other tags)
    topfolder1
    topfolder2
    topfile1
    topfile2

branches/branch1  (and same for other branches)
    topfolder1
    topfolder2
    topfile1
    topfile2

I'm not sure how to import the trunk, tags and branches such that the resulting RTC component has a folder structure like this

rtctopfolder    (a new made-up folder name)
    topfolder1
    topfolder2
    topfile1
    topfile2

can this be done using the importer's PATH options ... I didn't appear so.  

It does appear that I can import such that the SVN topfolder1,2 and topfile1 and 2 all appear as top-level folders and files in the RTC component.  I suppose that is fine but I was wondering whether I can put all of that under single new folder of my choosing (at import time).

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 09 '13, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The importer doesn't handle creating that kind of folder structure. However, you can load the content and RTC gives you the option of loading everything in a component root folder. It will load everything the way you want with the exception that the top level folder will be named after the component.

It would load like this:

component
    topfolder1
    topfolder2
    topfile1
    topfile2

Your other option is moving everything after your import is completed but I don't think it's as ideal to store your content this way when it seems you want special load configurations that is supported.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.