It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

We are trying to import ReqIF from one JTS to another. I am using Windows Vista and Firefox. My boss is using Windows 7 and IE 10. He gets more file type options on the Import of Artifacts. Why? (We cannot get either to work?)

Christopher Schiltz (1126) | asked Jul 08 '13, 3:56 p.m.
retagged Sep 23 '13, 11:20 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)

The JTS we are trying to import on is running 4.0.2.  It is on a Windows 7 server with a DB2 Database. The JTS we are exporting from is Windows 7 using a Derby Database running 4.0.0.1.  My boss gets a lot closer to the import than I do.  But his says it is done at 100% but it never finishes and does not create any Artifacts.  I have read through all the Forum experiences with ReqIF.  When I started using Firefox I got progress bars at least. But when I get to the 4th "Finish" step of the Import I die on an exception error 34% of the way done. Why is my boss getting more options for import and is able to select for filename.xml.gz files and mine only allows .doc .docx. zip or .rtf file types for import?  Also why do I have to answer so many questions about what Artifact Types I want  to create when I thought that the tool was supposed to create the type by itself?  My boss never got any of these questions.  Is it because of the Windows Vista I am using? We are working the RM portion of CLM.  I don't see any RRC.  Did we do something wrong on installation? Why won't the ReqIF work?

Thank you,

Chris

3 answers

permanent link
Dominic Tulley (38114) | answered Jul 16 '13, 4:24 a.m.
Hi Chris,
I can't give you a full answer but from this bit "mine only allows .doc .docx. zip or .rtf file types for import?" I believe you are running a document import not a ReqIF import.  When you select the "Import" option, there should be a choice called "mport requirements from a ReqIF file in this project".  If you don't see this, it may be that you don't have permission in your server (there are permissions called "Import Reqif", "Export ReqIf" and "Manage ReqIf").

So, that's probably your first hurdle (and it explains why you are seeing zero success on importing so far). 

thanks,

-Dominic

permanent link
Patti Jansma (2123) | answered Sep 16 '13, 9:37 p.m.

Chris,

I suspect that your boss has Administrator privileges since he can see all five types of Import options.  If you only have Author privileges, you will only see three types of Import options.

Trisha

permanent link
Michelle De Armas (2612) | answered Sep 17 '13, 9:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Chris,
If you need additional information about importing ReqIF files in RM, please see this help topic:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_import_reqif.html

As Dominic suggests, if you are trying to import a document or some other type of file, you may want to search for the specific importing help topic from this list in the information center:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m4/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_import_export.html

Thanks,
Michelle

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.