It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector Gateway-No records synced to project area

Tushar Parate (3692) | asked Jan 05 '09, 5:56 a.m.
Hi Team,
I have followed all steps given in OOTB. but not able to synced to the project area. I have referred to the link (Similar issue): https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2330&sid=501aa5cc4214989647b0d0a663b1a254

I have followed the steps given for only last schema(schemaUpgrade26-27.txt) :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc/topics/t_enabling_outgoing_synchronization.html

But didn't get any resolution. Please help me on this.

Regards,
Tushar.

15 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 13 '09, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi yugao,

You need to create another folder in CQ below the Public Queries/CQConnector1 folder and name it "CQConnector", which is the name of your project area. This should also fix the other problem.

Lorelei

Thanks,I modified my setting. Now it is ok. But a new problem:

Here is my environment
os=win2003 english, RTC Standard 1.0.1

Here is the output for http://localhost:8081/InteropGateway
-----------------
Welcome to the Jazz ClearQuest Connector Gateway
Gateway started at: 1/13/09 12:57 PM
Uptime: 00:00:33
Gateway Version: I20081024-1335

CQ Database Information:
ClearQuest Schema Repository Name: jazz
ClearQuest Logical User DB Name: SAMPL
ClearQuest User Id: cqconnector
ClearQuest Connection Status:
Number of ClearQuest connection opened: 1
Number of ClearQuest connection closed: 0
Number of ClearQuest connections currenty open: 1
Number of allocated active connections: 0
Jazz Team Servers:
URI: https://localhost:9443/jazz
Project Area: Connector
No records will be synced to this project area because it does not appear as a folder in the CQ workspace under the Public Queries/CQConnector1 folder
Polling Information:
Polling enabled: false

--------------------------------------
Eclipse console:
--------------
13 Jan 2009 12:57:32,484 ERROR com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4543E: CQ Event Polling has NOT been started
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: The project area CQConnector1 specified in the CQ Query Tree cannot be found on any Jazz server at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.getProjectAreaIdGivenProjectAreaName(CqQueryInfoTable.java:74)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeQueryInfoFromProjectAreaFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:104)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeQueryInfoFromRootFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:165)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeJazzQueryInfoTable(CqQueryInfoTable.java:218)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQRepository.insertQueryInfo(CQRepository.java:143)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.addCQRepository(CQInteropPollingManager.java:674)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.initialize(CQInteropPollingManager.java:823)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.pollingIncoming(PollingThread.java:44)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.run(PollingThread.java:31)

---------------------------------------------------
I have started Jazz Server and gateway.
----------------------------------------------
Another problem, when I create syn rule, do the step "In the External type field select the ClearQuest record type that you want to synchronize with the Jazz item." , a error said
" External type information is not available
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 500"

The problem is that you created a query under the "Public Queries\CQConnector" folder. CQ Connector is expecting a folder not a query under that folder whose name is the name of the project area.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 13 '09, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Oops.. Please name the new folder "Connector" not "CQConnector" since that is the name of your project area.

Lorelei

Hi yugao,

You need to create another folder in CQ below the Public Queries/CQConnector1 folder and name it "CQConnector", which is the name of your project area. This should also fix the other problem.

Lorelei

Here is my environment

-----------------

CQ Database Information:
Jazz Team Servers:
No records will be synced to this project area because it does not appear as a folder in the CQ workspace under the Public Queries/CQConnector1 folder
Polling Information:

Eclipse console:
--------------
13 Jan 2009 12:57:32,484 ERROR com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4543E: CQ Event Polling has NOT been started
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: The project area CQConnector1 specified in the CQ Query Tree cannot be found on any Jazz server at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.getProjectAreaIdGivenProjectAreaName(CqQueryInfoTable.java:74)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeQueryInfoFromProjectAreaFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:104)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeQueryInfoFromRootFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:165)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeJazzQueryInfoTable(CqQueryInfoTable.java:218)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQRepository.insertQueryInfo(CQRepository.java:143)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.addCQRepository(CQInteropPollingManager.java:674)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.initialize(CQInteropPollingManager.java:823)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.pollingIncoming(PollingThread.java:44)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.run(PollingThread.java:31)

Another problem, when I create syn rule, do the step "In the External type field select the ClearQuest record type that you want to synchronize with the Jazz item." , a error said
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 500"

The problem is that you created a query under the "Public Queries\CQConnector" folder. CQ Connector is expecting a folder not a query under that folder whose name is the name of the project area.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
gao yuan (2621) | answered Jan 19 '09, 6:36 a.m.
Thanks very much. I had reconfigured my environment. The output is below.

http://localhost:8081/InteropGateway:

Gateway started at: 1/19/09 7:18 PM
Uptime: 00:01:29

CQ Database Information:
Jazz Team Servers:
No Jazz CQ Connection enabled project areas found
Polling Information:
Polling enabled: true
Polling is in wait mode - Last polling period (2) took place at 1/19/09 7:19 PM
Results were:
Number of change events read: 0
Number of change events processed: 0
Number of change events deleted: 0
Number of change events with validation errors: 0
Number of change events ignored: 0
Number of change events suppressed: 0

Total Number of change events not processed: 0

It seems environment is OK. But I create synchronization rule, it reported "External type information is not available", the error is

I didn't know why.

Oops.. Please name the new folder "Connector" not "CQConnector" since that is the name of your project area.

Lorelei

Hi yugao,

Lorelei

Here is my environment

-----------------

CQ Database Information:
Jazz Team Servers:
Polling Information:

Eclipse console:
--------------

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 19 '09, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This error indicates a problem with the external repository connection, which is what the jazz server uses to connect to the CQ gateway. Copy the contents of the connection info field into a web browser on the machine that is hosting the jazz server and make sure you see the CQ gateway status page.

Lorelei

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jan 19 '09, 11:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually, the message indicates that the Jazz server can communicate with the CQ Gateway, but the Gateway encountered an error when processing a request. There may be more information in the Gateway error log (gateway/tomcat/logs/cqgateway.log under the installation directory).

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

This error indicates a problem with the external repository connection, which is what the jazz server uses to connect to the CQ gateway. Copy the contents of the connection info field into a web browser on the machine that is hosting the jazz server and make sure you see the CQ gateway status page.

Lorelei

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.