It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector Gateway-No records synced to project area

Tushar Parate (3692) | asked Jan 05 '09, 5:56 a.m.
Hi Team,
I have followed all steps given in OOTB. but not able to synced to the project area. I have referred to the link (Similar issue): https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2330&sid=501aa5cc4214989647b0d0a663b1a254

I have followed the steps given for only last schema(schemaUpgrade26-27.txt) :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc/topics/t_enabling_outgoing_synchronization.html

But didn't get any resolution. Please help me on this.

Regards,
Tushar.

15 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jan 19 '09, 11:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually, the message indicates that the Jazz server can communicate with the CQ Gateway, but the Gateway encountered an error when processing a request. There may be more information in the Gateway error log (gateway/tomcat/logs/cqgateway.log under the installation directory).

John
Jazz ClearQuest Connector Team

This error indicates a problem with the external repository connection, which is what the jazz server uses to connect to the CQ gateway. Copy the contents of the connection info field into a web browser on the machine that is hosting the jazz server and make sure you see the CQ gateway status page.

Lorelei

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 19 '09, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This error indicates a problem with the external repository connection, which is what the jazz server uses to connect to the CQ gateway. Copy the contents of the connection info field into a web browser on the machine that is hosting the jazz server and make sure you see the CQ gateway status page.

Lorelei

permanent link
gao yuan (2621) | answered Jan 19 '09, 6:36 a.m.
Thanks very much. I had reconfigured my environment. The output is below.

http://localhost:8081/InteropGateway:

Welcome to the Jazz ClearQuest Connector Gateway
Gateway started at: 1/19/09 7:18 PM
Uptime: 00:01:29
Gateway Version: I20081024-1335

CQ Database Information:
ClearQuest Schema Repository Name: jazz
ClearQuest Logical User DB Name: SAMPL
ClearQuest User Id: cqconnector
ClearQuest Connection Status:
Number of ClearQuest connection opened: 1
Number of ClearQuest connection closed: 0
Number of ClearQuest connections currenty open: 1
Number of allocated active connections: 0
Jazz Team Servers:
URI: https://localhost:9443/jazz
No Jazz CQ Connection enabled project areas found
Polling Information:
Polling enabled: true
Polling is in wait mode - Last polling period (2) took place at 1/19/09 7:19 PM
Results were:
Number of change events read: 0
Number of change events processed: 0
Number of change events deleted: 0
Number of change events with validation errors: 0
Number of change events ignored: 0
Number of change events suppressed: 0

Total Number of change events not processed: 0

It seems environment is OK. But I create synchronization rule, it reported "External type information is not available", the error is

" External type information is not available
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 500"

I didn't know why.

Oops.. Please name the new folder "Connector" not "CQConnector" since that is the name of your project area.

Lorelei

Hi yugao,

You need to create another folder in CQ below the Public Queries/CQConnector1 folder and name it "CQConnector", which is the name of your project area. This should also fix the other problem.

Lorelei

Thanks,I modified my setting. Now it is ok. But a new problem:

Here is my environment
os=win2003 english, RTC Standard 1.0.1

Here is the output for http://localhost:8081/InteropGateway
-----------------
Gateway started at: 1/13/09 12:57 PM
Uptime: 00:00:33

CQ Database Information:
Jazz Team Servers:
Project Area: Connector
No records will be synced to this project area because it does not appear as a folder in the CQ workspace under the Public Queries/CQConnector1 folder
Polling Information:
Polling enabled: false

--------------------------------------
Eclipse console:
--------------
13 Jan 2009 12:57:32,484 ERROR com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4543E: CQ Event Polling has NOT been started
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: The project area CQConnector1 specified in the CQ Query Tree cannot be found on any Jazz server at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.getProjectAreaIdGivenProjectAreaName(CqQueryInfoTable.java:74)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeQueryInfoFromProjectAreaFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:104)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeQueryInfoFromRootFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:165)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeJazzQueryInfoTable(CqQueryInfoTable.java:218)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQRepository.insertQueryInfo(CQRepository.java:143)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.addCQRepository(CQInteropPollingManager.java:674)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.initialize(CQInteropPollingManager.java:823)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.pollingIncoming(PollingThread.java:44)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.run(PollingThread.java:31)

---------------------------------------------------
I have started Jazz Server and gateway.
----------------------------------------------
Another problem, when I create syn rule, do the step "In the External type field select the ClearQuest record type that you want to synchronize with the Jazz item." , a error said
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 500"

The problem is that you created a query under the "Public Queries\CQConnector" folder. CQ Connector is expecting a folder not a query under that folder whose name is the name of the project area.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 13 '09, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Oops.. Please name the new folder "Connector" not "CQConnector" since that is the name of your project area.

Lorelei

Hi yugao,

You need to create another folder in CQ below the Public Queries/CQConnector1 folder and name it "CQConnector", which is the name of your project area. This should also fix the other problem.

Lorelei

Here is my environment

-----------------

CQ Database Information:
Jazz Team Servers:
No records will be synced to this project area because it does not appear as a folder in the CQ workspace under the Public Queries/CQConnector1 folder
Polling Information:

Eclipse console:
--------------
13 Jan 2009 12:57:32,484 ERROR com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4543E: CQ Event Polling has NOT been started
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: The project area CQConnector1 specified in the CQ Query Tree cannot be found on any Jazz server at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.getProjectAreaIdGivenProjectAreaName(CqQueryInfoTable.java:74)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeQueryInfoFromProjectAreaFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:104)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeQueryInfoFromRootFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:165)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initializeJazzQueryInfoTable(CqQueryInfoTable.java:218)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQRepository.insertQueryInfo(CQRepository.java:143)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.addCQRepository(CQInteropPollingManager.java:674)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.initialize(CQInteropPollingManager.java:823)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.pollingIncoming(PollingThread.java:44)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.run(PollingThread.java:31)

Another problem, when I create syn rule, do the step "In the External type field select the ClearQuest record type that you want to synchronize with the Jazz item." , a error said

The problem is that you created a query under the "Public Queries\CQConnector" folder. CQ Connector is expecting a folder not a query under that folder whose name is the name of the project area.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 13 '09, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi yugao,

Lorelei

Here is my environment

-----------------

CQ Database Information:
Jazz Team Servers:
Polling Information:

Eclipse console:
--------------

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
gao yuan (2621) | answered Jan 13 '09, 12:14 a.m.

Here is my environment

-----------------

CQ Database Information:
Jazz Team Servers:
Polling Information:

Eclipse console:
--------------

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 12 '09, 10:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello yugao,

The error indicates that the query folder CQConnector1 in CQ does not contain a sub folder named like the RTC project you want to sync with.

The image CQConnector.jpg attached shows how it should look like. You need to create a Folder Public Queries/CQConnector1/MyProjectName
and provide a query there that retrieves the records to be synced with RTC.

The other issue below is probably caused by this. As long as the CQ Connector in RTC does show that message there is no way that you will be able to sync anything.

The Image CQConnector2.jpg shows a screenshot after the connection has been set up. The Project name Framework would be replaced by your project name referenced as MyProjectName above.

Image CQConnector3 is almost redundant.

Ralph

Thanks I modified my setting. Now it is ok. But a new problem:

Here is my environment os=win2003 english, RTC Standard 1.0.1

-----------------
CQ Database Information:
Jazz Team Servers:
No records will be synced to this project area because it does not
appear as a folder in the CQ workspace under the Public
Queries/CQConnector1 folder
Polling Information:
Eclipse console:
--------------
13 Jan 2009 12:57:32,484 ERROR
com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4543E: CQ Event Polling has
NOT been started
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropExcepti
on:
The project area CQConnector1 specified in the CQ Query Tree cannot be
found on any Jazz server at
com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.getPro
jectAreaIdGivenProjectAreaName(CqQueryInfoTable.java:74)
at
com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CqQueryInfoTable.initia
lizeQueryInfoFromProjectAreaFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:104)
at
lizeQueryInfoFromRootFolder(CqQueryInfoTable.java:165)
at
lizeJazzQueryInfoTable(CqQueryInfoTable.java:218)
at
com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.common.cqgateway.CQRepository.insertQuer
yInfo(CQRepository.java:143)
at
com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.addCQRep
ository(CQInteropPollingManager.java:674)
at
com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.initiali
ze(CQInteropPollingManager.java:823)
at
com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.pollingInc
oming(PollingThread.java:44)
at
com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.run(Pollin
gThread.java:31)
Another problem, when I create syn rule, do the step "In the
External type field select the
ClearQuest record type that you want to synchronize with the Jazz
item." , a error said
java.lang.RuntimeException:
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropExcepti
on:
Server error on the ClearQuest gateway - status 500"

lngooiwrote:

The problem is that you created a query under the "Public
Queries\CQConnector" folder. CQ Connector is expecting a folder not a
query under that folder whose name is the name of the project area.

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 12 '09, 10:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Lorelei
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Richard Piazza (381) | answered Jan 12 '09, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How to resolve "Polling Information: false" ? Thanks

Without more details, it is hard to say. Have you tried the troubleshooting guide?

https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/tech-notes/rational-team-concert-1_0-cq-connector-troubleshooting/index.html

And I create a new query under "Public Queries\CQConnector\New Query", eclipse console said "New Query is inappropriate in folder CQConnector", why?

The folders under the query tree root must match the name of the project areas in RTC that you want to synchronize with. So assuming that you specified the query root in the cqconnector.properties file as "PublicQueries\CQConnector", the subfolder(s) under that folder should be Project Area Name. There are comments in the cqconnector.properties file describing this in more detail.

permanent link
gao yuan (2621) | answered Jan 12 '09, 4:25 a.m.
I met a similar problem.

How to resolve "Polling Information: false" ? Thanks

And I create a new query under "Public Queries\CQConnector\New Query", eclipse console said "New Query is inappropriate in folder CQConnector", why?

After some investigation, all settings seems ok.
However, Tushar encountered an error while running the cqload command:

C:\IBM\Rational\ClearQuestConnector\gateway\sample\cqSchemas>cqload
importintegration -dbset ISL_TEST tuparate@in.ibm.com platinumby09
DefectTrackingInterop "" "15" 15 schemaUpgrade14-15.txt ""
Starting importintegration

The nonexistent hook Write_Change_History cannot be modified or deleted.

ERROR: importintegration FAILED!

As a result, starting the gateway and verifying it's up and running
would give:
06 Jan 2009 16:43:24,031 DEBUG
com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - Jazz Interop
server is: 9.184.116.59(9443)
06 Jan 2009 16:43:24,031 DEBUG
com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - Logging in as
tuparate@in.ibm.com
06 Jan 2009 16:43:26,281 INFO
com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4501W:
Warning - JazzConnector tables are NOT present in the CQ user database
06 Jan 2009 16:43:26,281 INFO
com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - CRRTC4540I: CQ
Event Polling has NOT been started
06 Jan 2009 17:25:23,390 DEBUG
com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - Jazz Interop
server is: 9.184.116.59(9443)
06 Jan 2009 17:25:23,390 DEBUG
com.ibm.rational.interop.level1 - Logging in as
tuparate@in.ibm.com
06 Jan 2009 17:25:27,375 INFO
Warning - JazzConnector tables are NOT present in the CQ user database
06 Jan 2009 17:25:27,375 INFO

Tushar will try and re-create all artifacts as described in the OOTB sample:
https://jazz.net/jazzdocs/topic/com.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc/topics/c_using_the_sample.html

Eric.

tuparate a crit :
Hi Eric,

------
Gateway started at: 1/6/09 12:03 PM
Uptime: 00:04:59

CQ Database Information:
ClearQuest Schema Repository Name: ISL_TEST
ClearQuest User Id: tuparate@in.ibm.com
Jazz Team Servers:
URI: https://9.184.116.59:9443/jazz
Project Area: JazzCQ
No records will be synced to this project area because it does not
appear as a folder in the CQ workspace under the Public
Queries/JazzCQ folder
Polling Information:

At Tomcat Server Console;
CRVSV0977I Not launching task to watch for logging properties changes
since this CM API-based code is running inside a servlet or within
the CM Server.
06 Jan 2009 12:03:36,171 INFO
Warning - JazzConnector tables are NOT present in the CQ user
database
06 Jan 2009 12:03:36,171 INFO

OS = Window XP, RTC Server Versions used = 1.0
RTC Client Version= 1.0.1

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards, Tushar

ejodetwrote:
Tushar,
you may want to verify your CQ Gateway status:
http://localhost:8081/InteropGateway
(if running a local gateway)

If everything looks OK, then proceed with:
- incoming sync - from CQ to RTC - by creating a new defect in CQ
and
verify you have a new work item in RTC
- outgoing syn - modify this new work item and verify you find your

modification in CQ

(the OOTB sample should work ok - if this was not the case, please
provide us with more details - OS, versions used, scenario, error
message)
Thanks.
Eric.

tuparate a crit :
Hi Team,
I have followed all steps given in OOTB. but not able to synced to
the
project area. I have referred to the link (Similar issue):

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2330&sid=501aa5cc4214989647b0d0a663b1a254
I have followed the steps given for only last
schema(schemaUpgrade26-27.txt) :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc/topics/t_enabling_outgoing_synchronization.html
But didn't get any resolution. Please help me on this.

Regards,
Tushar.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.