It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the value of the "no test script" check box in the keyword view advanced filter

Gerd Schiering (12211316) | asked Jul 05 '13, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RQM 4.0.3 there are new filters implemented that help to find the correct keyword quicker.
In one of the filter dialogues there is a check box that is called "No test script".

keyword filter screen shot

Selecting that check box still shows all the test scripts in that particular project.
How is this selection supposed to help me?

3 answers

permanent link
Gerd Schiering (12211316) | answered Jul 05 '13, 11:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Two ideas:
First:
The string:"No test script" is misleading here.
It should be something like:
"Please do not show me all the keywords,
but only the ones associated with the scripts that I selected in the list below"

Second:
The list of keywords in a given project might be very long and searching for a name there might not be the most efficient way.
For example I don't know know the name of the keyword, but I know the name of a test script that contains the keyword I am looking for.
Selecting "No test script" will clear the list on the left showing all existing keywords.
Then filter on the test script name and selecting the script will populate the keyword list again.
The advantage is:
only the keywords that are associated with the script which I filtered on and which I selected are showing.
this can make the list of keywords smaller and I find what I need quicker.

permanent link
Gerd Schiering (12211316) | answered Jul 05 '13, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Two ideas:
First:
The string:"No test script" is misleading here.
It should be something like:
"Please do not show me all the keywords,
but only the ones associated with the scripts that I selected in the list below"

Second:
The list of keywords in a given project might be very long and searching for a name there might not be the most efficient way.
For example I don't know know the name of the keyword, but I know the name of a test script that contains the keyword I am looking for.
Selecting "No test script" will clear the list on the left showing all existing keywords.
Then filter on the test script name and selecting the script will populate the keyword list again.
The advantage is:
only the keywords that are associated with the script which I filtered on and which I selected are showing.
this can make the list of keywords smaller and I find what I need quicker.

permanent link
Thomas Suedbroecker (29335) | answered Jul 08 '13, 3:14 a.m.
Hello Gerd,

I would say this is a just for normal  truth in querying keywords, keyword can be empty.

A key can have no script, maybe a planned keyword has to be implemented.

But I would say normally it make no sense to add an empty keyword in your script or only in the case you will add this in this empty keyword script, because you know, you will build this keyword or have discussion around to build such a implementation.

Regards,
Thomas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.