It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I associate my Test Plan with my Test Release ( set in the timelines ) ?

Sudesh Krishnamoorthy (535) | asked Jul 04 '13, 9:24 p.m.
retagged Jul 08 '13, 10:06 a.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)

I am only using RQM ( not RTC )

In my RQM project I define a time line and set one of iterations as my current iterations.

When I create a Test Plan ( or Test Plans ) , how can say that this plan is for my current iterations ?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brad Veitch (11078) | answered Jul 05 '13, 1:20 a.m.
I'm assuming you're using V4.0.1 or later.

You need to flag your Iteration as having a release by selecting the checkbox for  A release is scheduled for this iteration. in your iteration definition.

Then in your Test Plan, navigate to the Test Schedules section and "Select Parent Iteration:"

Hope this helps.
Sudesh Krishnamoorthy selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Sudesh Krishnamoorthy (535) | answered Jul 07 '13, 11:33 p.m.

Thanks a lot

I was able to set iteration as current schedule and then in my Test Plan , in the Test schedule  sub section , I was able to associate it with the current schedule iteration.

permanent link
Thomas Suedbroecker (29335) | answered Jul 05 '13, 3:25 a.m.
edited Jul 08 '13, 2:42 a.m.
Hello Sudesh,

Just in addition to Brad here the help link related to QM timelines

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_run_offline.html&scope=null

Timeline usage for definition and create for QM is the same as for CCM.
It seams you can set current iteration in the web client like Lisa Caten said , other option is need the rtc client.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Thomas

permanent link
Lisa Caten (342913) | answered Jul 07 '13, 12:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
To set the current iteration in the Web client, select the iteration and then click the Set the Selected Iteration as Current button on the toolbar:

Comments
Thomas Suedbroecker commented Jul 08 '13, 2:43 a.m.

Great, I didn't recognized that, thanks !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.