It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

static analysis

Bhadri Madapusi (181171) | asked Aug 29 '07, 10:51 a.m.
Hi,

I downloaded the static analysis incubation project. Is there any document on how to get started? Thanks.

8 answers

permanent link
michael nilson (622) | answered Feb 26 '09, 10:47 a.m.
I also was unable to get pmd 4.2 to work. I tried successively older versions from sourceforge until I got to 3.9 in which the line numbers can be successfully linked by the Code Analysis view of RTC. Thought this might save someone else some testing time in the future. 3.9 is a 2006 version of PMD so hopefully they can update the static analysis client to be compatible with a more recent version in the near future. I tested with version 1.0.1.1 build M20090206-0330 of RTC and JazzStaticAnalysis-0.7.0.

What are the latest supported versions of PMD, FindBugs, and ECJ?

I tried version 4.2 of PMD and the Results pane of the Code Audit view shows me the violations, but each one is "Line unknown". The line number are in the generated .xml file, so I assume the format changed and the M6a version of the plugin can no longer parse the line number correctly.

permanent link
Pravesh Patel (37612615) | answered May 01 '08, 8:55 p.m.
What are the latest supported versions of PMD, FindBugs, and ECJ?

I tried version 4.2 of PMD and the Results pane of the Code Audit view shows me the violations, but each one is "Line unknown". The line number are in the generated .xml file, so I assume the format changed and the M6a version of the plugin can no longer parse the line number correctly.

permanent link
Jerome Lanneluc (21015) | answered Mar 20 '08, 11:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
corville wrote:
This was very helpful.

Here are my comments.

1) Allow configuration of where you put staticAnalysis file, at the
root of the project may be undesired, perhaps in a \build directory.
Or wherever in the users projects.

2) Can we eliminate or re-use some of the original values from
the original build.xml. Like the compile activity where the src.dir,
and destination.dir?

Questions:

I've gotten the generation of the static analsis results. However they
aren't showing up in the build editor after a run. It says Analysis
contribution missing.

What needs to get done to fix this?

Can you also include your complete build.xml that would illustrate
that?

Thanks,

Corville.

Thanks for the feedback Corville. For 1) and 2), these are very good point.

Can you please enter 2 work items using https://jazz.net/bugs/bugs.jsp?

For the problem with the generation of static analysis results, I updated
the scripts in https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/static-analysis/build-server-setup.html
so that they work with Beta2. Also note that the snippet to paste in the build.xml
is different, so please redo the build server setup.

Jerome

permanent link
Corville Allen (511) | answered Mar 10 '08, 11:02 a.m.
This was very helpful.

Here are my comments.

1) Allow configuration of where you put staticAnalysis file, at the root of the project may be undesired, perhaps in a \build directory. Or wherever in the users projects.

2) Can we eliminate or re-use some of the original values from
the original build.xml. Like the compile activity where the src.dir, and destination.dir?

Questions:

I've gotten the generation of the static analsis results. However they aren't showing up in the build editor after a run. It says Analysis contribution missing.

What needs to get done to fix this?

Can you also include your complete build.xml that would illustrate that?

Thanks,

Corville.

permanent link
Jerome Lanneluc (21015) | answered Feb 06 '08, 12:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry I missed the initial post.

The only documentation that has been written so far is:
https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/static-analysis/build-server-setup.html
https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/static-analysis/index.html

Feedback on this documentation is welcome.

Jerome

permanent link
Corville Allen (511) | answered Feb 05 '08, 2:43 p.m.
Did anyone manage to get this working recently?

Corville.

permanent link
Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | answered Oct 22 '07, 7:29 a.m.
I had found the same problem and I created new work item for this issue:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=34253

If you have any idea how to use the static analysis tool please post some guidelines here (so far I was able to open the code Audit view, which is empty and doesn't have any actions available).

I also downloaded the static analyzer incubator project and would like to know how to set it up. I saw there was a Code Audit view but it's pretty barren. The Wiki wasn't too insightful either. Thanks

permanent link
Brydon Pavlovic (6) | answered Oct 19 '07, 3:48 p.m.
I also downloaded the static analyzer incubator project and would like to know how to set it up. I saw there was a Code Audit view but it's pretty barren. The Wiki wasn't too insightful either. Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.