It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any template available for change management activities?

Qaiser Islam (31287074) | asked Jul 01 '13, 1:40 p.m.
Hi,

I have one project in which team is only interested to use change management functionalists like creating tasks, assigining to members, tracking etc. but they dont need to use configuration mgmt functionalists like streams, workspace etc. Is there any lifecycle template available for such purpose?

Thanks,
Qaiser

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jul 01 '13, 2:15 p.m.

Well, it's easier to take a template that suits your need based on change management and pare down the Permissions to prevent activities like creation of Streams, workspaces and the like.    Otherwise, I don't think that the process template has that much influence on source management.

Qaiser Islam commented Jul 02 '13, 6:54 a.m.

yeah i know i can restrict the use by setting appropriate permissions. but what i want is to hide irrelevant options from that project. Source Control and Build should not be appeared in menu when users login to that particular project. Is there any option to hide menu items?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 02 '13, 11:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The process template does not control what operations appear in menus.  I am not aware of a way to do so without custom coding.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 03 '13, 8:38 a.m. | edited Jul 03 '13, 8:38 a.m.

Commenting is nice, but it does not get the question answered and one can not accept it unless it is converted to a question. So it lingers unanswered.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 03 '13, 8:28 a.m.
You can not change the Eclipse Client UI. I am not sure what happens if the user has not a developer license. In this case the SCM menu might be missing in the Eclipse Client.

There are some capabilities in the Web UI. See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99849/how-do-i-disable-source-control-web-ui/100006 for details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.