It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why am i I getting illegalStateException: Response already committed in WAS output log after running jython script during install?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Jun 28 '13, 6:18 p.m.
We've been using Tomcat as our application server for CLM installs for several years.  We've recently started looking into moving to WAS as the application server instead.  I've been able to get this to work in the past, but recently I'm getting an illegal state exception in the WAS output log everytime I start the apps in WAS.

Environment:  WAS 8.0 on windows 2008
                       CLM4.0.1 (JTS,CCM) installed on same machine
                       DB2 9.7 on same machine

I ran both the clm_was_config.py and clm_deploy_distributed .py using the commands below and both completed successfully.  I'm using distributed because RQM is installed on separate machine. After they run successful I started both jts and ccm apps in the WAS Console.  They start successfully but there is the error below in the ffdc log.  When I try and bring up the CLM setup app I get a 400 exception.

I verified JAZZ_HOME existed in WAS.

wsadmin.bat -language jython -user wasadmin -password xxxxxxxxxx -f "E:/progra~1/IBM/JazzTeamServer_WAS85/server/was/clm_was_config.py"  "E:/progra~1/IBM/JazzTeamServer_WAS85/server/conf"

wsadmin.bat -language jython -user wasadmin -password xxxxxxx -f "E:/progra~1/IBM/JazzTeamServer_WAS85/server/was/clm_deploy_distributed.py" svljazz05_CLM401Node CLM401_WAS85 "E:/progra~1/IBM/JazzTeamServer_WAS85/server/webapps/" jts,ccm

[6/28/13 14:22:50:810 PDT] 00000048 LocalTranCoor E   WLTC0017E: Resources rolled back due to setRollbackOnly() being called.
[6/28/13 14:22:50:810 PDT] 00000048 webapp        E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet Error]-[equinoxbridgeservlet]: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response already committed.
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppDispatcherContext.sendError(WebAppDispatcherContext.java:597)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppDispatcherContext.sendError(WebAppDispatcherContext.java:642)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse.sendError(SRTServletResponse.java:1231)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:78)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:120)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:68)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1147)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:722)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:449)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:125)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:92)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.processDelegate(BridgeFilter.java:133)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.initialize(BridgeFilter.java:264)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.doFilter(BridgeFilter.java:149)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:192)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:89)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:919)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1016)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3639)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:304)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:950)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1659)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:195)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:452)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:511)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:305)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:276)
    at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink.determineNextChannel(SSLConnectionLink.java:1048)
    at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLConnectionLink$MyReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLConnectionLink.java:642)
    at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1784)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1648)

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jul 01 '13, 4:23 a.m.

I also tried with WAS 7.0.0.27 and got the same error.  Any ideas what I could be missing?

2 answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jul 02 '13, 10:48 a.m.
I am not sure why the script had that error.  In the logs directory, the wstraceout logs may have additional information on why that ffdc was logged.

I would do the following:
1. Validate that the WAS Global Security settings are correct
2. Validate that the 4 JVM custom properties that are required are set correctly
3. Validate that the application security roles for both jts and ccm have been set
4. If a proxy is being used, make sure the WAS plugin has been generated and passed along to the IHS server (proxy)
5. Validate that the host:port that the server is listening on is configured as a virtualhost alias
6. Once these all have been verified, stop WAS, clear out the WAS logs and restart
7. Check the WAS logs for any start up errors and then attempt to access jts/setup page

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jul 02 '13, 3:00 p.m.

Problem was your #5.  I hadn't done the virtual host yet.  What's interesting is the interactive install didn't specify to do this before running the jts setup, but if I go directly to that topic it says you must perform the step before running setup.

I also had to apply a fix for WAS 7 related to the JVM.

For the application security roles can I just leave them blank for now since we aren't using ldap during testing?  I'm not sure if this is allowed because when I brought up the setup page for the very first time I got the message below.  But this could just be because I haven't setup the virtual hosts for the other apps yet.

The user ID you logged in with is not recognizable.

If you used the default ADMIN user to log in, you likely disabled it during the setup. Try again using the new admin user you created during the setup.

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jul 01 '13, 6:06 a.m.
Since you are deploying in multiple servers looking at the error, to me it seem this could be something related to SSO and LTPA keys.
You may want to ensure if you have installed the CLM applications on the exact same location on both the servers and verify if you have gone through these steps.

Comments
Michael Walker commented Jul 02 '13, 3:26 a.m.

Thanks for the reply.  I actually can't even get to the setup page to configure the install. I'm getting the 400 error on jts/setup so I assume the SSO steps aren't in the equation yet.  I'm just trying to get the setup page to come up with JTS and CCM on the one server.

Indradri Basu commented Jul 02 '13, 11:08 a.m.

Sorry, I should have been more clearer. The SSO and LTPA setting are needed to be done in WebSphere. See the url below:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_deploy_single_sign-on.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.