It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Associating snapshots to workitems

Daniel Heidinga (4612) | asked Aug 28 '07, 1:37 p.m.
Is there any way to associate a work item to a snapshot?

I made a snapshot and delivered it, having forgotten to associate a work item (I don't know if it was possible before I delivered it or not.)

I would really like a way to associate it to a workitem, but don't see any way to do this. Has anyone else come across this or figured it?

3 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Aug 28 '07, 4:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Do you mean a change-set? If you deliver a change-set and forget to associate a work item, that isn't a problem. Pick the component you delivered to from the Pending Changes view and run Show > History. Pick the change-set from the history view and double click on it to open the Change Explorer. Right-click on the change-set and run Associate Work Item...

permanent link
Daniel Heidinga (4612) | answered Aug 28 '07, 4:43 p.m.
No, I do mean a snapshot.

A snapshot is basically the equivalent of a CVS tag, correct?
What I'm looking for is a way to say: This snapshot(tag) is associated with this work item.

I want snapshots to have the same ability to associate with work items, etc, as change-sets currently have.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this, or even if it's possible. If it's not possible, I'll open an enhancement request.

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Sep 16 '07, 9:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sounds like a great idea, I've captured in:

http://jazzdev.torolab.ibm.com:9980/jazz/service/%7Bdefault%7D/com.ibm.team.repository/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/31158

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.