It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deliver stream to stream Error

Renato Mori (10012230) | asked Jun 28 '13, 12:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 05 '17, 11:22 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hi,
I want to start using parallel development working on the same vb solution.
So I created 2 streams (Stream A and Stream B). Both streams have the same component (Component1).
I setup flow targer from Stream A to Stream B.
Developer1 has a repository workspace to Component1-Stream A and Developer2 has a repository workspace to Component1-Stream B.
Both can make changes, but if they work  on same class (of file) is work cannot be merged in one stream.
This error message appears
CRRTC5042E Cannot deliver changes since they would create conflicts for item '/Prj_IRES/LibEntidad/EntLogin.vb' in component 'Component 'Component 1''. Try accepting all incoming changes, resolve the conflicts, then deliver again.
Am I doing something wrong? should I use two components?
Thanks in advance.

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Jun 28 '13, 1:03 p.m.

Good question! I'm looking to work the same way. Hope someone could help us!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 28 '13, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a conflict between the 2 streams. Stream to stream delivery is meant as a way to release changes to the next level (e.g. test stream to a release stream). If you want to integrate parallel development changes, you need a repository workspace. Otherwise, you cannot resolve the conflict.
Renato Mori selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Renato Mori commented Jun 28 '13, 5:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Tim!!
So I need to create repository workspaces to download both "versions" and merge the conflict classes.
In this parallel escenario I want to work, you reccomend to use one component in two streams, or use only one component in both streams?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 28 '13, 11:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to merge changes, they need to be changes in the same component ... so you want to keep what you currently have, which is one component that appears in both streams.

One other answer

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Jun 28 '13, 5:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For reference the Help topic about flowing changes between streams is here http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_flow_changes_to_stream.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.