It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to integrate RRC, RTC and RQM

sandeep nanduri (121) | asked Dec 29 '08, 1:33 a.m.
Hi,
I am new to Jazz, I was presently working on Rational Quality Manager. I saw the webinar of surfing Collboration ALM WEB it was interesting and i have some doubts like . How to establish a communication between these tool. Any procedure of installation any prerequisites to followed to have an integration between them and fianlly , What should i do to integrate.

Please help me out in these issues , I would be a great help of your's.

Regards
Sandeep

6 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 09 '09, 12:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sandeep. The webinar you saw presented some prototyping we have done to show tighter integration across the ALM products (Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Requirements Composer).

There's nothing available to try out at the moment, but this is a key area that we're working to support for our June 2009 release.

What kinds of integration scenarios would you expect to be supported?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 09 '09, 12:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For the benefit of others, here's the link to the demo video on the jazz team blog:
https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2008/12/01/surfing-the-collaborative-alm-web-%E2%80%93-rtc-rqm-and-rrc/

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237750) | answered Jan 20 '09, 8:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This tighter integration of RRC, RTC and RQM that's mentioned, does that include the ability to share the same repository database? This would be critical in repository backups.

permanent link
Kushal Munir (126103) | answered Jan 20 '09, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If the tight integration does include sharing the same repository database, as I would expect it to, I have a couple of further questions:

- will the three products use the same project area or different project areas? I believe RQM currently creates a hard coded project area implicitly (I'm not sure about RRC).

- my team is using RTC and considering using RQM and RRC products at the 1.0 level. If we do, will we be able to consolidate them into a single repository database in 2.0 as part of the migration? If the integration will be down to the project area level (i.e. sharing of project areas), will the migration handle that as well?

We're trying to determine what the consequences of adopting the 1.0 release of these products will be and whether we'll have to maintain separate databases as a result. Thanks.

This tighter integration of RRC, RTC and RQM that's mentioned, does that include the ability to share the same repository database? This would be critical in repository backups.

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237750) | answered Jan 20 '09, 11:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
From what I have been able to learn from existing product documentation, obtaining the traceability from requirements to deployment using RRC, RTC and RQM requires the RequisitePro V7.1 Web to interface with RRC V1.0. RequisitePro interfaces with ClearQuest and through the RTC CQ Connector you have the CQ and RTC connection. RQM V1.0 also interfaces with RequisitePro V7.1.
Unless I missed something in the documentation, using V1.0 RRC and V1.0 RQM with RTC seems a little heavy weight with a higher cost of ownership than a seamless integration between these three ALM tools.

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jan 21 '09, 2:13 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't believe that repository sharing is part of the plan for 2.0. If
repository sharing ever does become a supported features, I imagine that
tools to help migrate to that setup would be included.

-
Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 15:57 +0000, kmunir wrote:
If the tight integration does include sharing the same repository
database, as I would expect it to, I have a couple of further
questions:

- will the three products use the same project area or different
project areas? I believe RQM currently creates a hard coded project
area implicitly (I'm not sure about RRC).

- my team is using RTC and considering using RQM and RRC products at
the 1.0 level. If we do, will we be able to consolidate them into a
single repository database in 2.0 as part of the migration? If the
integration will be down to the project area level (i.e. sharing of
project areas), will the migration handle that as well?

We're trying to determine what the consequences of adopting the 1.0
release of these products will be and whether we'll have to maintain
separate databases as a result. Thanks.

thloeberwrote:
This tighter integration of RRC, RTC and RQM that's mentioned, does
that include the ability to share the same repository database? This
would be critical in repository backups.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.