It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I query for work item not owned by members in Team Area?

Natthapol Prakongpan (122) | asked Jun 27 '13, 12:14 a.m.
I would like to query for work item that's in our Team Area and File Against our category but NOT owned by a Team Member. Is there a way to do this?

3 answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 27 '13, 1:38 a.m.
Hi Natthapol, since workitem categories are associated with TeamAreas, you can use only the "FileAgainst is" in the query and adding another condition for TeamArea may not be necessary. Secondly, I don't see a way other than listing all the users individually in the Owned by condition.

If I understand the question correctly, something like the below screenshot should work.

Comments
Natthapol Prakongpan commented Jun 27 '13, 10:25 a.m.

I guess my question is how to make a list of users that's not a member of my Team Area to be used in Owned By.

permanent link
Natthapol Prakongpan (122) | answered Jun 27 '13, 10:25 a.m.
I guess my question is how to make a list of users that's not a member of my Team Area to be used in Owned By.

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 27 '13, 11:39 a.m.
Probably I was not very clear. If you notice the screen shot I did mentioned Owned by "is not" and you have to select all the users in the list who are not part of the TeamArea. So while creating the query you can select all users in the search box and deselect the ones who are members of the TeamArea.
I would probably agree if you say this is not a good way to achieve this but I am not aware of any other tricks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.