It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Form and Workflow

Sean Burke (3789136235) | asked Jun 26 '13, 7:26 p.m.
edited Jun 26 '13, 7:27 p.m.
 Hello
I want to have a general intake form on an RTC project where a user requests certain information.  (In this case they are requesting that our group creates a RTC, RAM or RRC project area).  The form has about five basic fields where we are gathering information.  I want to add a field call "Responsibility"  and have it populated with a project "Team" or a subset of users in the project area.  Would I add an enumeration and for the literals type in each team member?  Would I create a new attribute or re-use and existing attribute?  

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 27 '13, 6:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure I understand the requirements correctly. However, you should consider looking into https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 Lab 3-5.

as Indradri mentions you can add attributes of type TeamArea List to be able to select (RTC) team ares. there are numerous other attribute types available that you can also consider using. user and userList are typical ones that can be used to fill them with users. Please keep in mind, as far as I know you can only refer to RTC elements using those.

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 27 '13, 1:52 a.m.
Hi Sean, to me it sounds like a new attribute of type "Team Area List" should work.

Comments
Sean Burke commented Jun 27 '13, 12:17 p.m.

Thanks for the reply.  The team area list gives me a list of the team areas in jazz repository.  I wanted a list of users in a particular team or a subset of users in the project area

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 27 '13, 1:24 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A teamAreaList provides with a list of Team Areas and as mentioned below a userList provides with a list of users. Consider looking into https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 Lab 3 and 4. Use an attribute of type userList, if you want to store a list of users. Lab 4 describes the value sets. There is one (role based value set) for userList type attributes that you can configure to provide certain users based on team area member ship and roles. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.