It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using queries RTC let me edit multiple workitem attributes that are READ ONLY

Paulino Alonso (381214) | asked Jun 26 '13, 6:27 a.m.
Hi,

I have the following problem using RTC 401

Through a query I can edit multiple workitem attributes that are read only READ ONLY on presentation

In the project area settings I have uncheck the following:

Capture

Anyone know how to disable this option to edit attributes from a query

thanks

Paulino

4 answers

permanent link
Paulino Alonso (381214) | answered Jun 26 '13, 9:23 a.m.
Maybe I could disable the icon that lets me "edit multiple work items". See if I can find on the forum someone who has done

permanent link
Paulino Alonso (381214) | answered Jun 26 '13, 8:58 a.m.
Shubjit thanks again!!

You're right, the attributes I have set read only at the attribute level throw error like "attribute is not modifiable..." My problem is I have many attributes that are set read only on the editor presentation (because are modified by API so I can not set it read only at the attribute level ...)

I hope to find some solution...

permanent link
Paulino Alonso (381214) | answered Jun 26 '13, 7:21 a.m.
Shubjit thaks for your soon reply...

Right now I can edit attributes (with value "None" in Inline Work item Editor). And the problem is that modifies attributes read only. I need read only attributes can not be "hand modified" never ( i think is logic)

Thank you

Comments
Shubjit Naik commented Jun 26 '13, 7:45 a.m.

The Read-Only option is being set on the editor presentation right? Or is it set at the attribute level?

If it set at the attribute level, then it will look like it is editable, but you cannot save the Work Item with that.

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 26 '13, 6:58 a.m.
edited Jun 26 '13, 7:03 a.m.
Hi Paulino

Are you referring to editing multiple Work Item in the Query Result though Web Client?
In that case you might want to check if the attributes are editable in the the Inline Work Item Editor presentation:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.