It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do a control how many tabs are displayed when I access RTC?

Santhosh Sahadevan (1133) | asked Jun 26 '13, 12:13 a.m.
edited Jun 26 '13, 11:05 a.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
We are using Rational Team Concert in our project.User would like to have the following functionality.
There are 40+ tabs being displayed when we access RTC .Users  want to be able to go to a home page and then have either a subset of the tabs  available..or a pulldow on the homepage that allows them to select what tab they want to go to...instead of having the 40 + tabs being shown when we access RTC.Please let me know if this is feasible to implement this change.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 26 '13, 11:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please remember to title your question with the specific question you want answered.  I modified the original title to be the question I thought you might be asking, but please edit if I didn't get it right.

2 answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 26 '13, 2:45 a.m.
Hi Santhosh, I think you should follow the link below to open an enhancement request.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jun 26 '13, 3:46 a.m.
edited Jun 26 '13, 3:46 a.m.
Hello Santhosh,
By tabs you mean web browser tabs? Please notice, that RTC has been designed to use only one tab in web browser (however it is difficult to change your behavior in the beginning) It remembers recently opened artifacts and even stores unsaved changes.
Is there any missing gap between what is currently and what you would like to have? Or you were talking about RTC Eclipse client?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.