It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do you add workitemList attribute to a query as a filter?

Samir Shah (1623) | asked Jun 24 '13, 9:55 p.m.
My team uses a workitemList attribute as a multi-select field since we want to tie another work item type's records to this work item. This is perfect for our requirement because it allows us to tie multiple values to these work items and re-use existing records.

Our issue:
How can leverage the workitemLIst attribute in a query? When we add that attribute to our query, it has a pre-defined list of work items that don't really apply, and what I'm essentially trying to do is return records which do not have an empty workitemList attribute...can this be done?

One answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 25 '13, 4:18 a.m.
Hi Samir

Adding the attribute condition "Work item List" attribute "exists" should display what you are looking for.

But this seems to return all Work Items.
I think it should work similar to Example 4 in the following article
https://jazz.net/library/article/1007/#custom

I have raised a defect on this to get an answer;

Comments
Samir Shah commented Jun 25 '13, 9:11 a.m.

HI Shubjit, thanks for looking into this. I took a look at the article you posted and it seems that the "exists" option finds all work items that have that attribute...which technically should be all work items...I'm not really sure that is a useful function if that's how its designed. I would think its more in line with what you mentioned where "exists" should find any work item that has the attribute and has a value associated to it...I look forward to hearing back on the defect!

Shubjit Naik commented Jun 27 '13, 9:35 a.m.

Your analysis is right, the defect was closed with the clarification:
"Exists operation checks whether the attribute exists or not. Its not for existence of the value."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.