It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extract Work Item from selected text - can this be done via the RTC web interface?

Michael Taylor (8865764) | asked Jun 24 '13, 4:08 p.m.

"Extract Work Item from selected text" is a button/option in the RTC eclipse client.

How can this feature be accessed via the RTC web client?

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jun 25 '13, 5:24 a.m.
Hi Michael,
I would like to add that there is known RFE for that in RTC: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=193429
Feel free to subscribe to this rfe to track the progress. You can also create new entry on rfe community: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Comments
Michael Taylor commented Sep 09 '13, 9:32 p.m.

The link to this RFE doesn't seem to be working any longer.  Is this RFE still active?  Our project really needs this feature on the Web UI.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 10 '13, 12:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The RTC server for jazz.net was down for a couple of hours to upgrade to the latest M5 milestone build ... try again and it should be fine.

Michael Taylor commented Sep 10 '13, 1:40 p.m.

Thank you.  I am able to access the item now.  How can this item be prioritized to be considered for an RTC quarterly release?

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Sep 11 '13, 3:11 a.m.

Hi Michael,
You should contact your sales representative person to help you in creating official rfe for that. Then the communication goes through internal channels (not forum)

permanent link
Marek Siekierski (817510) | answered Jun 24 '13, 6:29 p.m.
Hi Michael,

As far as I'm aware this feature is only available in the RTC Eclipse client, and I don't think you can extend the Web client. I would check the Wiki about tips on extending.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.