It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to restrick certain field in RTC to only specific set of users

SMitha kumari (245254) | asked Jun 24 '13, 4:10 a.m.
retagged Jun 25 '13, 9:36 a.m. by Dejan Custic (2855)

Hi Team,

I would like to add certain field in Story which can be visible to only few users. can we provide user/role based access to certain fields in story form.

Regards,
Smitha

4 answers

permanent link
Lubomir Goldman (6) | answered Jul 09 '15, 5:42 a.m.
Hello Ralph,

Please do you have any news on this topic?

Would it bee possible to implement some similar feature to hide presentations in RTC based on user roles?

Thank you for your reply.

regards,
Lubomir Goldman

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 25 '13, 10:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As answered above, this is not possible today. However, Work Item 260680 has some first collection of ideas to improve attribute customization. Hide an attribute on condition is one of the thoughts. A Java Based condition would be able to get at user roles and use that for hiding. 

permanent link
Lyll Jose (111) | answered Jun 24 '13, 6:21 a.m.
 Hi Smitha,

RTC has no support for role/user based field hide options.It has following options provided in screenshot.

You can refer to earlier answers available at -

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jun 24 '13, 4:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
to my understanding controlling visibility based on user / user role is not possible.  Current implementation as i see it provides some visibility options (Hide if Empty, Hide on Creation, Hide in Workflow States, Hide if no Links Exist, Hide if no Association Exists...) in the Editor Presentation of the attribute, what you seek appears an RFE to me...

However, though visible, you can control actions on it to specific users based on the role they are assigned and the permissions associated with their role.  You can learn more on the controlling user actions by following the link : https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_customizing_process_web.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.