It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I remove a duplicate userid?

Kean Stump (1111) | asked Jun 21 '13, 1:18 p.m.
 We sync our user list via LDAP to Active Directory. Somehow, I have not a clue how, we ended up with a single AD user with duplicate userids inside RTC. Trying to archive the bogus duplicate via the web interface fails with this lovely error:

The user could not be archived because of the following issue: 'Internal Server Error'. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ1517E.ID CRJAZ1517E

Any idea how I expunge the unwanted entry? Or is it PMR time?

4.0.2, Linux, Websphere under the hood.

Thanks,

Kean

2 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jun 21 '13, 1:37 p.m.
edited Jun 21 '13, 2:43 p.m.

You must change the userid of one of the two.
Because you are LDAP integrated you have to enable modify user id in advanced properties.
After this you can archive the unwanted user.

Check that you have archived the correct one by checking that assigned artifactes are after the whole procedure assigned to the active userid.

The property to change:

com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.UnsupportedUserRegistryProvider
Ability to Modify User IDs = true

After changing this property you have to stop/start jts.war in WAS application (or restart server).

Comments
Kot T. commented Jun 21 '13, 8:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a technote below for steps to enable user modification when LDAP is used. The steps should still be good for version 4.x
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21470141

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jun 21 '13, 1:42 p.m.
Once the userID is modifyed to a value that does not map to a user in the LDAP registry, make sure to archive.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.