It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding a QM Section to a project

Philip Johnson (30910) | asked Jun 20 '13, 10:51 a.m.
retagged Jun 22 '13, 3:01 p.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
 Hi All,

I've created a project within Rational which contains a CCM area, now the requirements have changed I now need to make a QM area for this project too.

Is it possible to create a QM section for this project now? Or will I need to create an entirely new project area and migrate everything to this new project?

Thanks,
Phil

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Jun 20 '13, 11:32 a.m.
Hello Philip,
What you need is only creating new rqm project area on https://your-server:9443/qm/admin#action=com.ibm.team.process.editProjectArea&itemId=new
When project is created, navigate to associations section and select using work items from RTC project area.
Let me know if it helped for you.
Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk
Philip Johnson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Philip Johnson commented Jun 20 '13, 1:08 p.m.

Thank you Krzysztof - I have created that project now, once I've created the project I have added the artifact container to my existing project but I got an error message that the two artifact containers would not be linked.

Do you know how to link artifact containers (ccm & qm) when they have been created separately - e.g. so the project teams can raise defects from test scripts?

Thanks,
Phil 

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 21 '13, 4:17 a.m.

Hi Philip,
Could you present the screen snapshot with the error message? Also please look into <your-server>\logs\qm.log file to see what error message is there.

One other answer

permanent link
Lisa Caten (342913) | answered Jun 22 '13, 3:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I see that you want to associate a new QM project area with an existing CCM project area. For instructions, see Adding associations.

Comments
Philip Johnson commented Jun 24 '13, 11:55 a.m.

Perfect - thanks Lisa 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.