It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] RRDI 2.0.3 - corrupt zip files?

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Jun 20 '13, 4:35 a.m.
closed Sep 16 '13, 1:15 a.m.
Hi there,

everytime I download the InstallManager package for Windows x64 of RRDI 2.0.3 this package seems to be corrupt. When trying to extract this or to open this package I receive the following error message:

Any idea? Is it possible that this zip container is corrupt at jazz.net?

I tried it two times and both of them where corrupt.

Greetings,
Simon

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by eickel Sep 16 '13, 1:15 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jun 20 '13, 5:23 a.m.
Hello Simon,

in addition to what Krzysztof mentioned, if you find that also with 7zip the file is corrupted, you can try downloading it with Firefox or even better with a download manager utility.
Some browsers have issues while downloading large files.

Best Regards,
Francesco
Simon Eickel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Jun 20 '13, 6:01 a.m.

Hi Francesco,

I downloaded using FireFox before.
I now used a Download Manager and the zip I received is much bigger (arnd 2GB more in size). The result It's working now.

So downloading without download manager did not work even when firefox said "download completed successfully".

Thanks & Greetings,
Simon

Simon Eickel commented Jun 21 '13, 2:20 a.m. | edited Jun 21 '13, 2:21 a.m.

Just in addition what you both said:
When extracting the zip file with the windows internal zip tool I get this message within IM

Using a different zip tool (I did it with Power Archiver) everything works fine ...

It's interesting that the windows internal zip tool is much worse than other tools.

Greetings,
Simon

One other answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered Jun 20 '13, 4:49 a.m.
Hi Simon,
what is the tool you are trying to open the archive? Are you using standard windows archiver tool? Try e.g. 7zip which is far better than windows tool.

Let us know if it helped for you.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk