It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What version of RTC do I use for Rational Software Architect 9.0

Debra Johnson (5234) | asked Jun 19 '13, 6:54 p.m.
I've tried installing  RTC-Eclipse-Client-Extension-repo-4.0.2  and RTC-Eclipse-Client-Extension-repo-4.0.3 into RSA for Websphere V9.0 using Installation Manager.   Both return message "The package you are installing cannot coexist with a package in this package group" when I picked the RSA 9.0 32-bit installed package group.
On the install pages page of Installation Manager, it has the title "The Rational Team Concert - Client Extension for Eclipse 3.x"
Is there a version for Eclipse 4.2.2 that RSA 9.0 uses?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lara Ziosi (33811112) | answered Jun 20 '13, 5:17 a.m.
Hi,
RSA v9 is based on Eclipse 4.2.2.
I have not tesetd it yet, but I expect that you can use: Client for Eclipse 4.2.x IDE from:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.3?p=allDownloads
The above-mentioned technote has not been updated yet for the Eclipse 4.2.2 based integrations.
Thank you, Lara
Debra Johnson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 26 '13, 12:46 a.m. | edited Jun 26 '13, 12:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

RSA v9.0 requires RTC-4.0.3

Sean G Wilbur commented Jul 01 '13, 10:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Got the same initial response "requires and install procedures from the older Eclipse Update Manager" error when trying with 4.0.3, needed to restart the RSA shell as an Admin and the installation went through successfully. 

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jul 16 '13, 12:15 p.m.

Hi,

According to the system requirement for RTC client 4.0.2, it supports IBM Eclipse SDK 3.6.2.3 and future fix packs and IBM Eclipse SDK 3.7.2 and future fix packs.

The support for eclipse 4.2.2 which is the version RSA v9.0 is based on came with RTC 4.0.3 (see the article on the following wiki  under the Eclipse client section).

As you mentioned above, it may be possible to install RTC client prior to 4.0.3 onto of RSA 9 (eclipse 4.2) but this configuration does not appear to be supported based on the above documentation.

For further clarification, I would recommend that you open a support case.

Francois

One other answer

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered Jun 19 '13, 8:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Deb,
There is this link that provides details on products that can shell share.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21279139
(however, it doesn't seem to include RSA 9.0)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.