It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclipse .properties file error "Line delimiter not set for /.project"

Leigh Light (33269) | asked Jun 19 '13, 10:52 a.m.
We are having line delimiter issues with our code base.  Our code is maintained on a Linux server and the source code contains Unix (LF) line delimiters.  But when we load the Eclipse workspace located on a Linux box using the Windows RTC Client, all of the line delimiters have been changed to Windows (CRLF) line delimiters.

I have configured Preferences->General->Workspace area so that Unix and UTF-8 are set.

I have configured Preferences->Team->Jazz Source Control->File Properties so that the line delimiter for our source code file types to LF(Unix).

When I try to change the line delimiters defined by left clicking on a component in Package Explorer and then right clicking to access Team->Change file properties, the GUI puts up the following error when I try to change the .cpp line delimiter from "Platform" to "LF(Unix)": "Line delimiter is not set for <component>/.project".  The GUI will not save my line delimiter state change.

Any help that can be provided would be much appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jun 20 '13, 2:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 20 '13, 2:41 p.m.
Hi Leigh,

I was able to reproduce this. It appears that the error is because the .properties file has not been added to source control yet. Most likely because you loaded a workspace and created eclipse projects in the process.

You should be able to scroll down in the gui and find the .properties file and set it manually.
Or you could check it in from change explorer and try the operation again.

Here's a screen shot of my reproduction Note that the .properties file is set to unknown.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.