It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SSO Single Sign On - One WAS instance, CLM 2012

Michael Bunnell (6821819) | asked Jun 19 '13, 10:39 a.m.
retagged Jun 19 '13, 3:13 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
I am not an expert in WAS and would like to know if there is something extra that needs to be done to achieve Single Sign on between products in CLM 2012.  Right now when a user logs into RRC (or any of the other CLM products), they need to log in.  And when they navigate to one of the other products, they are prompted to log in again.  The Websphere instance is version 8.0.0.4 and there is only a single application server on the instance.  All three products (RRC, RTC, RQM) are deployed, along with JTS and the other standards.  All of the articles I've looked at assume that each product is deployed on a separate instance of WAS, or a different profile, and walk you through sharing tokens and copying it that way.

We have virtual hosts setup for each product and are using Websphere's web server.  Is there something special you need to do in Websphere still to enable Single Sign On?  Can you still achieve Single Sign On if deployed on a single instance of WAS?

If anyone can point me to a specific article on this, or let me know if it can be done, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jun 19 '13, 10:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 19 '13, 10:59 a.m.
 By default, WebSphere Application uses SSO when all applications are on a single server..

We have also seen a couple of scenarios where this behavior could be different on certain browsers (un-supported browsers usually)..

Can you try on IE8? or any supported browser?
Here's where you can get the system requirements for all "Collaborative Lifecycle Management" products?

Best Regards, Sunil

Comments
Amy Laird commented Jun 19 '13, 3:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 19 '13, 10:52 a.m.
edited Jun 19 '13, 10:52 a.m.
Hi Michael

This article might help
https://jazz.net/library/article/413/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.