It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get JTS out of read-only mode

Craig Lawton (1111) | asked Jun 18 '13, 10:22 a.m.
retagged Jun 18 '13, 12:07 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
Due to a disk-full issue we had to reboot our server hosting JTS. After resolving the disk issue and performing a reboot, we get the following message:

The dashboard can't be created because the server is in read-only mode. After the server exits read-only mode, refresh the page to see the dashboard. ID CRJAZ5039E

HTTP Status 503 - CRJZS5787E The following RDF index cannot be read or used: indexer.internal.triple. Query-based operations do not work, and the application might not work at all. Before you can continue, this issue must be fixed. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5787E.

type Status report

message CRJZS5787E The following RDF index cannot be read or used: indexer.internal.triple. Query-based operations do not work, and the application might not work at all. Before you can continue, this issue must be fixed. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5787E.

description The requested service (CRJZS5787E The following RDF index cannot be read or used: indexer.internal.triple. Query-based operations do not work, and the application might not work at all. Before you can continue, this issue must be fixed. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5787E.) is not currently available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.25

How do I get the server out of read-only mode and past the error? and why did this happen?

5 answers

permanent link
Jerome Lanneluc (21015) | answered Jun 18 '13, 11:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Your indices are likely corrupt. You should suspend the indexers (using repotools-jts -suspendIndexing), restore the indices from your backup, and resume the indexers (using repotools-jts -resumeIndexing)

Comments
Craig Lawton commented Jun 18 '13, 11:14 a.m.

How would I go about restoring indicies from a backup? And if that is not possible, can we perform a re-index? 

Jerome Lanneluc commented Jun 18 '13, 11:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The following article should help you: https://jazz.net/library/article/1272

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Jun 18 '13, 11:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Craig, it looks like the index may have been corrupted due to the issue.
Stop the server and try re-indexing  using the following command
 repotools-jts -reindex
Hope that help.
Sandy

Comments
Craig Lawton commented Jun 19 '13, 10:02 a.m.

Thanks. Ran the re-index, but still have the same problem. Other thoughts? 

Sandy Grewal commented Jun 19 '13, 12:21 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Craig,
Can you paste the output of the reindex command. Did it run successfully?

Craig Lawton commented Jun 19 '13, 2:13 p.m.

Here is a portion I captured. The RDF index was flagged as corrupt, and as I read the message I thought it had fixed it along the way, but then I see the message at the end as well.

See "my answer", text was too large to paste here.

permanent link
Craig Lawton (1111) | answered Jun 19 '13, 2:14 p.m.
Partial output from reindexing: 

CRJZS5821E The RDF index at D:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\_5YVM0e4jEeG5rKRbP87TOw\jfs-rdfindex is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.

CRJZS5585I Reindexing : Finished processing "text live" indices for /admin in 4397 ms

CRJZS5578I Reindexing : Deleting "text history" indices for /admin ...

CRJZS5585I Reindexing : Finished processing "text history" indices for /admin in 51 ms

CRJZS5585I Reindexing : Finished processing "triple live" indices for /admin in 4421 ms

CRJZS5578I Reindexing : Deleting "triple history" indices for /admin ...

CRJZS5585I Reindexing : Finished processing "triple history" indices for /admin in 652 ms

CRJZS5585I Reindexing : Finished processing "text live" indices for /rm in 5667 ms

CRJZS5578I Reindexing : Deleting "text history" indices for /rm ...

CRJZS5585I Reindexing : Finished processing "text history" indices for /rm in 44 ms

CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "triple live" indices for private applications in 6839 ms

CRJZS5579I Reindexing : Deleting "triple history" indices for private applications ...

CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "text live" indices for private applications in 7264 ms

CRJZS5579I Reindexing : Deleting "text history" indices for private applications ...

CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "text history" indices for private applications in 195 ms

CRJZS5209E Unable to delete all baseline indexes from RDF index

CRJZS5586I Reindexing : Finished processing "triple history" indices for private applications in 1538 ms

CRJZS5585I Reindexing : Finished processing "triple live" indices for /rm in 9608 ms

CRJZS5578I Reindexing : Deleting "triple history" indices for /rm ...

CRJZS5585I Reindexing : Finished processing "triple history" indices for /rm in 122 ms

The user "ADMIN" has logged out of the database "//localhost:1433;databaseName=j

ts;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx".

CRJZS5652I Indexing services are being shut down ...

CRJZS5821E The RDF index at D:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indices\_5YVM0e4jEeG5rKRbP87TOw\jfs-rdfhistory is corrupted. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJZS5821E.

CRJZS5651I Indexing services finished shutting down in 3566 ms 

Comments
Craig Lawton commented Jun 19 '13, 3:27 p.m.

Can I just delete the indices directories and re-index? I found this post that makes it sound like I can ...

Craig Lawton commented Jun 20 '13, 11:11 a.m.

Moved the indices directores to a temp location and re-indexed, and this has resolved the problem. 

Michael A. commented Jul 01 '13, 11:14 a.m.

Thank's guys - this worked for me as well.

permanent link
Helen Holohan (112) | answered Mar 26 '14, 12:29 p.m.
edited Mar 26 '14, 12:29 p.m.
We have used this solution a few times now so we have formally documented it in this technote:

Accessing dashboards in JTS, RTC and RQM results in error "Can't be created because the server is in read-only mode"

permanent link
Vince Thyng (13723753) | answered Nov 23 '15, 1:25 p.m.
We just had this same message.  The solution for us was to rename the conf/ccm/indices folder to a backup, then start service and let the triple live reindex happen automatically in the back ground.  We needed to do this on both the jts and ccm.  Then we stopped and started service when the triple live warning was gone from the diagnostics page (and it was also not showing up in the Active Services page of the Admin page.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.