It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve custom attribute of testcase identifier?

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Jun 18 '13, 1:32 a.m.
RQM 4.x used and ExcelImporter is the same version.

When using ExcelImporter to create the new custom attributes in TestCases, we can specify identifier to create
new custom attributes. using the same identifier, we can update the custom attributes in bulk later on.

If there are existing custom attributes created via UI and we want to update them using ExcelImporter, obviously
we need to know those attributes' identifier so that we can specify in cfg file for bulk update.

1) When creating custom attributes via UI, will identifier get created internally?
2) if yes, is there any way we can retrieve it? I think OSLC API may be able to do the job, does anyone know which URL(sample is ok) can be used?
Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 18 '13, 2:22 a.m.
I found that using Poster(header set as Accept=application/xml) and URL as
https://localhost:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/TestRQM/testplan/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:11

will provide the identifier info in the xml response as well. This works for other artifacts such as TestCase as well.

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Jun 18 '13, 4:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 28 '14, 5:31 a.m.
Hi Don,

I see you fixed (at least part of) your concern which is good news.
For other samples, you could refer to http://sleroyblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/querying-rqm-40-through-oslc-and-rest-api/ for accessing any kind of RQM artefacts (both through REST APIs and OSLC).

Regards,
Stéphane

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 20 '13, 12:22 a.m.

Thanks a lot for the info.
This is a very good sample site which I believe I will come back again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.