It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reporting based on History

Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | asked Jun 17 '13, 2:54 p.m.
edited Jun 17 '13, 4:44 p.m.
I am researching the possibility of queries based on History. For example:

Show all work items where...
Planned For has changed from the current iteration to something else.
Owned By has changed from a certain user to anyone else.
Specific changes were made by a specific user.

From my web searching, History data is not in the data warehouse and not exposed through the API. Is that still correct or is that old info? If that is correct, then web-scraping may be the only way to retrieve results based on History. Has anyone succeeded in using web-scraping for reporting?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 17 '13, 3:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Historical data is available in the data warehouse (trending reports is one of the primary purposes of the data warehouse, and that requires historical data).  So you'll want to be looking there.  I'm making this a comment rather than an answer, since I don't have the details on the particular reports that you are looking for.

Mike Shkolnik commented Jun 17 '13, 4:26 p.m.

Is it the trend data that is stored in the DW or the actual historical data? This post led me to believe the detailed historical data is not available in the DW or the API:

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/85795/is-it-possible-with-rrdi-or-insight-to-report-on-the-history-of-the-latest-result-for-a-ter-in-rqm

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 17 '13, 4:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I've added a comment to that post clarifying that historical data is available in the DW.

One answer

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Jun 17 '13, 4:18 p.m.
Hi Mike,
Please scroll down to the "Workitem_Chngs" table and see if it meets your need. 

Hope it helps. Thanks.

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Jun 17 '13, 4:37 p.m.

Thanks. That looks promising. It doesn't cover everything, but it may cover what we need. How best to access that data? Will RRDI let us do it, or do we need to do custom programming through the API?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.