It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work items used in QM project need to be synchronized with CQ

Narayanan Potti (27037279) | asked Jun 16 '13, 11:03 p.m.
I have CLM 4.0.1 installed on Windows Server 2008. Application server is WAS 8.5. Database is SQL Server. I created a lifecycle project System_lcp with 2 artifact containers: a QM project and a CCM project.

Test team in my project wants to create defects in QM project. These work items will be associates with test scripts, test cases /test suites.  Defects need to be created automatically in CQ corresponding to the defects submitted in RQM. I believe ClearQuest synchronizer can be be configured to synch work items in CCM project to CQ records. Is it possible to associate test scripts, test cases or test suites in QM project to work items created in CCM project ?

I need to know if this requirement can be implemented in CLM 4.0.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Narayanan

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 17 '13, 9:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello,
integrating CQ with RQM is detailed here https://jazz.net/library/article/687

Linking QM and CCM artifacts is possible out of the box as long as projects are associated.
Hope it helps.
Eric.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 17 '13, 10:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that the question of what artifacts a work item can be linked to is not affected by whether or not that work item was created directly by a user or was created by the ClearQuest Synchronizer.

Also, note that the article Eric refers to describes how to integrate CQ data with RQM data by using reporting, without having to use the CQ Synchronizer to create duplicates objects in both the CQ and RQM databases.

permanent link
Narayanan Potti (27037279) | answered Jun 17 '13, 6:10 p.m.
Thanks Eric and Geoff for you help. I need to complete the integraiton of RQM with ClearQuest quickly and I don't have the time to install & configure RRDI or Rational Insight. So I'll have to go with what can be done in CQ Synchronizer.

Thanks
 NP

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.