It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI 2.0.1 setup error on Windows 2008 server

V Niranjan (12545173) | asked Jun 16 '13, 9:28 p.m.
retagged Jun 17 '13, 5:16 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
Hi

I am trying to install RRDI 2.0.1 on a Windows 2008 server. The database server ( DB2 9.7 fixpack 6) is remote.

So the steps that I followed on the report server

1) Installed 32 bit DB client
2) Installed WAS 8.0.0.4
3) Installed RRDI 2.0.1

Do I need to setup any environment variable before running RRDI setup?

Running RRDI setup and at the last step during 'Build and Deploy Reporting Components' gives the error

CRRRA3018E: The RIDW data source connection in Cognos failed to connect. Check if the database client is installed correctly or additional configurations are needed.

Please let me know.

Regards
V.Niranjan

4 answers

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 17 '13, 11:24 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '13, 11:31 a.m.
Hi

Might be something to do with the JDBC Driver, you might need the 32 bit JDBC Driver.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 17 '13, 2:50 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest you check the connection defined within the report server under Launch -> IBM Cognos Administration -> Configuration -> Data Source Connections -> RIDW -> Set Properties -> Connection.  Validate the connection information to the data warehouse is valid, and then try testing the connection using a username and password.  If testing with a username/password is successful but the connection fails when testing with the sign-on, then the sign-on credentials should be updated to reflect a valid user ID/password.  Otherwise, you should get a more specific error when testing the connection from within the report server.  If you need help, please post the error here and we can advise on next steps.  Hope it helps,

permanent link
V Niranjan (12545173) | answered Jun 17 '13, 9:35 p.m.
Hi Benjamin

the warning comes up during the last step of RRDI setup. Should I click Finish and then get in to RRDI to try out the above steps.

Also do let me know which Username/ Password we need to use to test the connection.. Is it db2admin?

Hi Shubjit

I am checking on the link given by you.

Thanks all. Waiting for your reply.

Regards
V.Niranjan

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Jun 17 '13, 10:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, you can click Finish on the setup wizard.  You can always run it again if needed, but the application has already been deployed and report server should be available.  If you've enabled the Jazz Namespace, you will log in to the report server with one of your CLM users to perform the DW connection test.  Otherwise, you should be logged in automatically if you have not enabled the Jazz namespace as the anonymous user.

To perform the test, you can use your DB2 admin user (ie - db2admin as you've mentioned).  Once connectivity is confirmed, normally you provide the "rptuser" credentials in the signon (ie - a user who just has select permissions to the objects in the data warehouse).  If the connection test fails, it's possible you are using 64-bit client drivers when you need to be using 32-bit.  The connection can also fail for a number of other reasons (ie - invalid database name provided, user starting WAS does not have access to DB2 profile, database not catalogged, etc...), so let us know what you find during the test.

Comments
V Niranjan commented Jun 18 '13, 9:43 p.m.

Hi Benjamin

Thanks for the detailed analysis. I will try this out today and get back to you.

Thanks a ton.

Regards
V.Niranjan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.