It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

3.0.1 Plain zip

Jasper Siepkes (111) | asked Jun 16 '13, 7:56 a.m.
Hi all,

Is there a plain zip for any of the 3.0.1.x releases (like there is for the 4.X and 2.X releases like https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.3/JTS-CCM-keys-Linux64_4.0.3.zip )? I need it so I can update from 3.0 to 3.0.1 so I can then update to a 4.x release.

I must also say I'm rather disappointed in the upgrade path provided. It's proving to be a real pain to upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 (since you have to go 3.0 -> 3.0.1 -> 4.0) and I can't really understand why. Even our internally developed and internally used application provide auto upgrading paths from any old version to new versions. So why a commercial product can't provide such functionality is really beyond me.

2 answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jun 17 '13, 6:03 a.m.
There is no way to simply unpack RTC server and have it working. You need to use IM for that. This is because upgrading is not simply a matter of copying new files, there's a lot more going on.
You can download the RTC IM repositories though.

If you have any problems with the installation procedure, please share them, I'm sure we will be able to help.
The procedure is well-described and execution doesn't usually pose a problem.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 16 '13, 8:04 a.m.
on the downloads page for the product release, select 'All downloads'

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1?p=allDownloads

they spent a lot of time fixing the upgrade process after 3.0

Sam

Comments
Jasper Siepkes commented Jun 16 '13, 10:20 a.m.

Maybe im overlooking it but I don't see a plain ZIP download for Linux x86_64 on that page. I see z/OS and web installers and install manager repos for Linux x86_64 but no plain ZIP?

sam detweiler commented Jun 16 '13, 1:30 p.m.

sorry, missed the point that you wanted the KEYS.. that file is no longer available.
you would have to ask thru IBM Support.

plain zip to me is the development toolkit.

Jasper Siepkes commented Jun 16 '13, 2:34 p.m.

Well not really the license keys, just a plain zip file which i can extract to easily "install" Jazz / Team concert 3.0.1 The webinstaller won't work in a console only environment and the install manager gives me all kinds of grieve which I don't want to waste my time on debugging.

I guess i'll just install Jazz 3.0.1 with the webinstaller on my desktop with a GUI, get all the 3.0 data imported from the server and then install 4.X on the server (a plain ZIP file is provided for 4.X) and migrate the now 3.0.1 data back into 4.X.

Who comes up with stuff like this? Upgrading from to 2.X to 3.X was also a real pain. I'm really disappointed in IBM as a company and Team Concert as a product. I once held both in high regard...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.