It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to save TestPlan for QM project

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Jun 13 '13, 7:04 a.m.
retagged Jun 13 '13, 9:27 a.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
Hi

Under RQM v4.0.2, we created a sample QM project area. The user is assigned the default roles and permissions required for accessing the project. However while saving the "Test Plan" we notice that the test plan does not get saved and throws the error: "An internal error has occurred. See server logs."

However when we navigate to the QM/Admin page to see the workflow, we notice this error

Interestingly, I see similar issue reported under RQM v4.0.1
 http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM73719

Any inputs on what might have caused this and any way to fix the same?

Appreciate your help.
Thanks

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Jun 13 '13, 9:47 a.m.

Can you please submit the server log entries corresponding to this error?

One answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Jun 17 '13, 2:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajesh,

'An internal error has occurred. See server logs' is a very broad error statement. My recommendation for trying to troubleshoot this problem is to open the Firebug plugin in Firefox. Then reproduce the issue (try to save the Test Plan) and make note of any errors you see in the Firebug Console section. I would expect you might see something on the GET request IExecutionRestService/testPlanExecutionStatusDTOs.

If would also be useful to look in the qm.log for errors reported at the time you reproduce the issue.

There are several existing defects related to issues saving a test plan. This defect sounds similar to the issue you reported, where they encountered the same error message: https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=85045. To confirm this is the issue, you can look for any NullPointerExceptions in the qm.log.

Regards,
Tory

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.